Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1-hd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 06:56 AM
    Furnace temperature rises, will not shut off
    I have a Goodman heat pump and honeywell thermostat. The furnace also has aux heat. This problem is not constant but is annoying. I can set the thermostat on 68 in the winter, the house will reach that tempreature, but the furnace will sometimes run non stop and not shut off unless I manually lower the thermostat. Anyone have any ides what this can be? I am not satified with the local heating and cooling decisions.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 6, 2010, 09:06 AM
    It could be a defective thermostat or a program problem if you installed a new thermostat yourself. The thermostat controls what the unit does up to a point. A sticking heat relay or heat sequencer can also cause similar problems like you are having.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace temperature not regulating [ 1 Answers ]

Now that fall has arrived we've had to start turning on our furnace to keep warm at night (old house as well). I'll set the temp to what I want it but it's all over the place during the day or evening and then at night when we really need the heat, we've got to krank it to over 27 just to get a...

Furnace register temperature [ 1 Answers ]

What should the temperature of the air coming from a heater vent generally be? Thanks.

View more questions Search