Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sohasasa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 05:26 PM
    My boyfriend of 2 years passed away 1 month ago.
    My boyfriend recently passed away a month ago. We had been together for almost two years. He was suicidal, but I know in my heart that he didn't actually want to leave and that it was a spur of the moment kind of thing. We loved each other so much, he was 22 and I am 17. He was such a gentleman, and was old-fashioned and I loved that. I can't believe he is gone. I'm over sea's right now with my family so I didn't even get to go to his funeral, or see his wonderful family and grieve with them! This pain in my heart is far too great, and I can't cope with it. I wonder if I will ever be able to love again, or even move on in a normal way! We had planned on getting married next year, and our families were so happy. I keep wondering why God would take someone away so early, but I remember that everything happens for a reason.

Please, I need help! I've never dealt with such pain in my life! He was my soulmate, and my best friend. I couldn't ask for something more perfect, and it breaks my heart knowing that when I return to the States his smile and warm hugs won't be there to greet me anymore :( :'(
    Confusedgirl950 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 10:00 PM
    Your right everything happens for a reason.and I'm truly sorry about what happened.when you lose somebody you love, you have to know there was a reason.God puts his strongest wariors through the toughest battle.your going to get through this.you need time to grieve then you need to keep yourself busy.God will help you through this just trust him and pray.I will pray for you!people tend to blame God for things he knew was going to happen.if God puts you through it,He will help you through it.
    Remember pray and trust in Him.and cherish the time you had with your boyfriend.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 05:02 AM
    I am sorry for your loss. Right now grieve, feel the loss, cry, it just takes time.

Next he must have had a mental health issue, that he did not get proper treatment for, since it takes a imbalance to allow yourself to kill yourself, so know he most likely was not fully in control.

But for both sides, please stop giving God so much credit or blame. God does not cause people to die, we all die, and it is our freewill that helps decide that time or place, I will not preach here and t this time. But understand, God allows man the choices to do as they wish, either good or evil, So it is not he that did anything.

Jul 30, 2012, 06:19 PM
    Thanks you guys. It really does help when I hear from others. It's so hard to deal with this, but I'm trying my bests! Your words did help, but I guess I just need time to let this pass on by :(
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2012, 06:55 PM
    I am sorry for your loss.

The panic and anxiety you are feeling right now is normal, and if you are feeling like you want to cry by all means, cry. But those feelings will go away, you will meet someone else after you get over him (as a boyfriend, not as a lost friend). Let time heal the fresh wound that you are having right now, grieve in the way you feel you must and continue to live your life.
    busterite Posts: 156, Reputation: 30

Jul 31, 2012, 07:48 AM
    I am really sorry to hear about your loss. Time will heal everything. You will most definitely be able to both love again and move in a normal way. But very importantly you firstly need to take the time to grieve because this is the first stage of the recovery process. Take things one day at a time. You will have bad days and good days but with time the bad days will be less and the pain you feel in your heart will subside. Surround yourself with friends and family and feel free to vent on this forum anytime.

Aug 2, 2012, 07:12 PM
    You all are really helping me, and giving me hope! I stopped having hope of my future, and wanted to just end everything but there is something that keeps me here, and I think it's that little string of hope I have. I'm so confused about this world, and how it works and where people go when they die. Religion does help understand, but you can't be sure because no one alive knows. :/ again, thank you all SO much, really means a lot!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend of 6 years cheated on me 2 years ago and I found out [ 4 Answers ]

I have been with this guy for 6 years and we have had problems in the past. We broke up twice in the first 2 years of our relationship but not due to cheating. In the past 4 years we have done so much and grown so much and made it through difficult times together. I felt really happy yesterday...

My father passed away six years ago, sale of house in India [ 1 Answers ]

My father passed away six years ago, we did not transfer the property to brothers and sisters. Now we are cosidering selling the house, we 2 brothers are in the US and citizens of US and rest are in India. What are the India tax obligations for we 2 citizens of US?

Why am I having feelings for a friend that has passed away 3 years ago? [ 4 Answers ]

my mom's friend's son had passed away in a car accident 3 years ago. I cried so much even though I barely remembered him. We grew up together but didn't talk after I moved away. The night before he died, I randomly started thinking about him again and how he was and stuff. I wanted to talk to him....

I live in Mo and my husband passed away 8 years ago, does he still have his 401k [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Mo and my husband passed away 8 years ago. Does he still have his 401k and can I get it? I have applied for social security for me and the boys. Do I have to wait until I retire or can I access it now?

Me and my boyfriend broke up a month ago and we are always off and on [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my exboyfriend broke up about two weeks ago and for the last six years we have always been off and on. The main reason I ended the relationship was because of he;s disrespectful teenage kids. They were living in my house and wouldn't even speak when I came into my home. They didn't house...

View more questions Search