Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    concernedmomma9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2018, 01:10 PM
    What is needed to prove a mother unfit?
    My ex took my daughter over the weekend then on Sunday decided he wasn't returning her. Claiming I am an unfit mother over a few bruises on leg that neither myself or her step dad noticed nor inflicted. We had a decent arrangement but no notarized signed paperwork. I was trying to keep child out of courts. What are the factors to be determined an unfit mother and what does my ex have to prove to get my daughter taken away from me?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 27, 2018, 04:57 PM
    The only one, that is being hurt by not going to court is the child.

What is needed, is to convince the judge, and/or they will give joint custody.

So you hire an attorney, file in court for child custody and child support
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 27, 2018, 07:31 PM
    Without a legal custody order in place, your ex has as much right to the child as you do. Depending on the location and shape of the bruises, a doctor can sometimes determine how the occurred after an exam and interview of the child. You might want to get an attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to prove a mother unfit? [ 8 Answers ]

I am 16 years old and I decided to come live with my mother. I had lived with my aunt and uncle since I was 3 or 4 and they had told me and my mom that they had guardianship of me and we found out that was a lie. So I planned to move to my moms behind my families back and they are pretty upset...

What do we need to prove a mother unfit [ 5 Answers ]

my husband has a little girl with his X wife and we we post to get her she won't let us have her but she wants my husband to sine his rights up on his little girl she is 5 years old.The mother never has her she is all was with my husband's step mother .My husband's X wife and his step mother are...

Is this mother unfit, and how do we prove it? [ 7 Answers ]

My Boyfriend is married to a woman for 5 years, they have three young boys. She could not afford to buy the 6 year old son school clothes so we bought him some clothes for school. We picked up the boys in July after a trip to the fair with their mother and the 6 year old boy was wearing his school...

How do we prove a mother is unfit? [ 5 Answers ]

My fiancé has a 1 year old little boy with his ex-girlfriend and she is a horrible mother. They agreed on a custody agreement outside of court and then filed it with family court after they went to the first mediation. At the first mediation, the mediator set up a visitation schedule for the father...

Do we have to prove the mother unfit? [ 11 Answers ]

My husband and I have temp. custody of his 3 y/o son that he had from a relationship, (they were never married), pending the return of the mother in November from Afghanistan. The mother has gone overseas doing contract work for the government, but not in the military. She had a good job before...

View more questions Search