Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ana J Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 09:10 AM
    How to get in touch with a famous actor
    This is serious - not one of those "fan" questions. (Not that those are not valid questions... Obviously, they are! I'm just saying that this one is slightly different :) )

I really need a help with this. I've been thinking for MONTHS, considering all possibilities, and I just can't find a solution.

So: I REALLY need to get in touch with a famous actor - not because he's famous, not because he's an actor... I just need to talk to him - I do have my reasons... Personal ones... But I ask you to please, trust me, because it does make sense.

The problem is I can't do this in the usual ways... I mean, if I try to talk to his agent, I'll never get an answer (for professional reasons, I speak to agents everyday, and they do not tend to make things simple, most of the times). Plus, I could never find a way of explaining my situation without making it seem... dull. So, I'm trying to find a solution for this! Maybe it's a stupid question, maybe there is no solution. But I really need to get in touch with him... And in a way that won't seem crazy, not-interesting... I only need a small, simple talk to make him understand! :) This IS important - but I have to talk to him, directly, so that I can make him see that.

Any ideas? I just can't have a single one. I've imagined a million ways... but none of them would work.

I thank so much, in advance, to anyone that may help me... I will be thankful for all my life, I swear. This is truly the most important thing in my life, at the moment... If I had a solution for this, I'd be the happiest person alive.

Sincerely hope anyone will help me...

Thank You!
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 09:20 AM

Other than hanging out at coffeeshops in Hollywood, I'm not sure you can get in touch with whoever it is.

Unfortunately, you are a fan who wants to get in touch with a famous person. Other than sheer luck or a chance meeting, your best bet is to send letters to the agent.

People that are famous have put things in place so that people can't contact them for a reason. Unfortunately, unless this person wants to be contacted, you'll have to go the regular channels - fan mail.

Or, spend your days and nights hanging out in Hollywood...

Jan 27, 2010, 09:24 AM
    He's not in Hollywood... And I'm not in Hollywood, either - we're in different countries, now that you mention that ;)

I was just trying to avoid fan-mail... It immediately gives the wrong idea... But, yes, I have to admit that there are not many alternatives to that - unless I'm missing something here... :)

Thank you! :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2010, 10:41 AM
    Hi, Ana J!

Is there a particular person whom you would like to contact? If so, who please? Also, why are you wanting to contact the person?

Thanks!

Jan 27, 2010, 10:51 AM

Yes, it's a particular person ;) Is there any way I can tell you all those details without writing them all here? I'm new at askmehelpdesk :) So I don't know if there's any way of sending you a private message, or something. :)

Thank You! :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2010, 11:35 AM
    Once a thread has been started, all information needs to stay on the thread so that others with similar questions might benefit by the information that's exchanged.

If you post the name of the person here, we'll be able to help you the best. We probably don't need a bunch of details, since all you're wanting, evidently, is contact information.

Thanks!

Jan 27, 2010, 01:17 PM
    Thank you for the explanation ;)

His name is Ben Barnes. He's a british actor. I know the fanmail address - it's everywhere :) If there are any other contacts or ideas...
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 01:39 PM

Ben Barnes Online // Fansite for the actor Ben Barnes FAQ

So, you want to talk to Prince Caspain, eh? I'd love to, too! :) He's adorable!

The link above (which you may already have) has FAQ's that give his contact information.

Jan 27, 2010, 02:05 PM

Yes, that's him... ;) I had the link, too. It has the fanmail address, basically... The girl from the site, herself, has no way of talking to him :(
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 03:24 PM

Have you thought about therapy? From what your saying it sounds like an obsession.

(quote): but I have to talk to him, directly, so that I can make him see that.
    This is truly the most important thing in my life, at the moment... If I had a solution for this, I'd be the happiest person alive. ( end quote )

This is not how normal people think.

Jan 27, 2010, 03:34 PM

Thanks for the compliment.
    sand_storm Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Jan 29, 2010, 08:56 AM

I hate to say this but it does sound creepy the you NEED to contact hima and it CAN'T be through fan mail. I know, I'm so sorry, but I have can't help but to wonder if you won't even post the question you wish to ask him. Do try fan mail. It is your best option. Just think to yourself if someone wanted to ask you soemthing so badly that it can't be done through fan mail, and you are a famous actor, what would you assume? Especially with all the creppy stalkers, not that you are, just saying that it sounds a little questionable.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 03:48 PM

I only need a small, simple talk to make him understand!
    It sounds like you have already tried to contact him, "to make him understand" why you are trying to talk to him perhaps?

You are a fan, nothing more, nothing less, from what I can see.

So, here you are, a stranger, wanting help from other strangers, to contact a stranger.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is the name of this actor? [ 4 Answers ]

In the 50s and 60s (approximately) there was an actor on TV and movies. He was always the tough guy. Husky. Dark hair. He was cast as Mexican, Native American, Italian, and Greek. He may have been Greek-American in real life. He was in Westerns also. I think that he naturally had an accent. ...

Becoming an actor [ 4 Answers ]

I want to act and am doing a national diploma in performing arts but find the academic part very hard. Is there any other way I can train to be an actor without all of the written work

Wanting to be an Actor [ 10 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I want to experiment more with our love making. We want to try more role playing, but we need some good ideas to try out. Could you please give some suggestions?

Best actor/actress [ 25 Answers ]

Who is your opinion is the best actor/actress.:)

Soap Actor [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone te;ll me the name of the Actor who played 'Christian' in Hollyoaks??

View more questions Search