Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gerry50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 02:46 PM
    I already have a house cleaning business and it is very slow right now. I would like to clean offices. How would I go about this?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 23, 2007, 11:49 PM
    I would start with smaller business with smaller space. Their requirements may not be as stringent as larger companies. Create a brochure, cold call these business, leave your card.
    Important: make sure you ask for the person that "makes the decision to buy/purchase" your services. Call that person; first time if you do not get through leave a brief, to the point voice mail message repeating your company's name, phone number and your name at least twice.

If you do not get a return call (most don't call back) call again, but do not leave a voice message each time... it will bug them, after a week or so call again and leave a voice message. If this doesn't work, then I suggest that you physically go again and try to set up an appointment with this person.. ask for them by name. Call on many companies... you have to have MANY fish in your barrel so when you shoot you hit something.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Right on in your answer above, Stringer! Going to the businesses in person probably is best.

For those offices that are actively looking for cleaning persons, I would like to add, that gerry50 might also want to try advertising on the Internet for free. The bulk of my business comes from people responding to the ads that I have placed on the Internet. If you word your adds certain ways, you can get to the top of the lists in searches and beat the competition in your area.

Most of the best, free sites on which to advertise are listed on the following link:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/...ng-103010.html
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 24, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Right on in your answer above, Stringer! Going to the businesses in person probably is best.

For those offices that are actively looking for cleaning persons, I would like to add, that gerry50 might also want to try advertising on the Internet for free. The bulk of my business comes from people responding to the ads that I have placed on the Internet. If you word your adds certain ways, you can get to the top of the lists in searches and beat the competition in your area.

Most of the best, free sites on which to advertise are listed on the following link:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/...ng-103010.html
    Good point Clough, I think that is a great idea.

I would only add that since they are performing a service that would require them to probably go to the location to clean that they probably word it as such. Possibly adding that they are available to perform their service in a designated geographical area.

Thus allowing them more control each time they clean and to be able to respond in case of emergencies. Plus this will keep their travel time down, thus their expenses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

House trained dog pooping in house [ 2 Answers ]

I have a house trained dog that is allowed to have full access to our home at all times and come and go through his dog door when he needs to pee or poo. We have not had a problem with him going in the house before, but recently at night he has been pooping and peeing in the same spot. He still...

A cat moving from house to house [ 1 Answers ]

My parents are divorced and I want a cat. Most cats don't like moving but they would be moving to a different house every week. They wouldn't stay at the same house. What cat should I get?

Could ghosts jump from house to house? [ 20 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking to purchase a lot and build a new house. I "googled" the name of the road where the lot is to and 10 web links came up for that road being one of the most haunted places in CT. It reads that there is a "white lady" that is in one of the houses on the road. She is not a mean...

Cleaning up [ 3 Answers ]

My 9 year old son won't let me help him to wash him when he bathes, he was dirt stuck on his skin around his forehead, behind ears, neck and some in his arms, what can I use to make all that dirt ease and go when he washes up? It's dark brown dirt!

View more questions Search