Ask
    rosecolleen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 03:51 PM
    I lost my job and am in a lease through June 2011
    Need to know if I can get out of lease because I lost my job
    rosecolleen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 04:02 PM
    Need to break lease
    Need to know if there is a hardship law that will get us out of the lease. I lost my job and need to know if I can get out of my lease. I am in it until June 2011
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2010, 04:19 PM

Hello r:

There's no hardship law. Your best bet is to negotiate a settlement with your landlord to let you out of your lease. He might if you offer him 2 months rent. Otherwise, you could lose a lot more than that.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 7, 2010, 05:24 PM

Nope no such law exists. However, if you explain to the landlord what has happened he may let you out once he can find a replacement. No landlord wants to have to deal with evicting someone, so as long as he can get continuity of rentals, he may release you.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 7, 2010, 06:51 PM

I agree and the sooner you get out the quicker the LL can find a new renter
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 7, 2010, 07:18 PM

Agree. There is nothing to allow you out, ( unless of course you had it included in your specific lease)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journaling interest payment for June 30th 2011 [ 1 Answers ]

On July 1, 2010, a company issued 32,000,000 of 10 year 12% bond at an effective interest rate of 13%, receiving cash of 30,237,139. Interest on the bond is payable semiannually on Dec 31 and June 30th. The fiscal year is the calendar year. What I need to do is 1. Journalize for entry to record...

Husband lost job, had to move and break lease [ 1 Answers ]

Signed a lease for a house in Las Vegas, NV Dec 23,2008. My husband lost his job in Feb,had no job prospects or income we Knew we could no longer afford to stay in that house. He found an OK job in Az So we moved, we talked to the management company right away and told them the Situation. When...

Need to break a lease in NJ as I lost my job [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I got laid off from my company last week. I live in Parsippany, NJ and have another 5months on my lease. I am on a H1B visa and the law is that I have to the leave the country within 30 days of my last pay check. So I am leaving the country in the next 30 days. What are my options...

PA position-Need excuse for leaving job- Job started in June 08-leaving for Europe in [ 2 Answers ]

Leave my job as PA probably returning to job after I come back from my trip to Greece. After graduation I was looking for a job. After two months my best friend she found for me a job as a Personal Assistant. My boss ( an writer who works at home) during the interview told me that he was...

View more questions Search