Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tokerboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2004, 08:09 PM
    2001 dodge ram 1500 oil leak
    My dodge ram v6 is leaking oil from the shaft tha comes out of the water pump. There is no oil in the water. Is there a seal that can be raplaced by removing only the fan or is this going to be a total nightmare??
    Tahltan Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2009, 04:25 PM

In my opinion:

I would just buy a new or rebuilt pump and replace it and get your core return on you old pump.

As for just replacing the seal, you will have to remove the pump anyway!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

01 Dodge Ram 1500 Heater/AC Problems [ 5 Answers ]

Hi There, I have a Dodge Ram 1500 2001. I bought it used and it seems to have heater issues. Whenever I have the AC on and I slow down or go down hill the heater will all of a sudden kick on. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/eek.gif :eek: Any thoughts on how I can fix this? ...

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Towing [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what the towing capacity is for a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 with a 360 and an automatic transmision? I bought it a few months ago and it didn't come with an owners manual.

2001- dodge ram 1500- dtc p0445, p0442 [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know exactly how I can troubleshhot the problems with these codes. I've already changed the gas cap after Autozone said the PO442 code showed up. A day later the light came back on. Replaced fuel cap again with no success in keeping the check engine light off. Then Autozone said...

Dodge 1500 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dodge Ram 2001 pickup. My cluster gauges just went out but the lights work OK. I checked the fuse at the fuse box and they are OK. I know their must be a fuse in the Power Distribution Center, but I don't know which one it is as none of them refer to the cluster. Anyone know where I want...

View more questions Search