Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenny2341 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2007, 03:14 AM
    Online surveys
    I was wondering if anybody out there actually has made money doing online surveys. I know a bunch of them are scams, but are any of them legit?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 18, 2007, 05:32 AM
    I have never seen any on line surveys that you can make money out of.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 18, 2007, 07:03 AM
    You can certainly earn points toward "goodies" or get free products by filling out online surveys, but I'm afraid you'll find that the amount of effort needed far outweighs the benefit you get. Nobody gives out cash for surveys any more. You can sign up at various marketing sites for focus groups and special studies, and these can pay quite well. But 90% of the calls you get for focus groups you won't qualify for because they're looking for a very specific population. So yeah, there are plenty of legit surveys out there, but don't expect to make a living at it. You can sign up at SurveyScout for 34.95USD which provides a good set of survey resources if you want to try this out... but don't expect to do more than recoup the cost of your membership in the first six months. Take it from me; I tried this route as an "easy" way to supplement my income. :)

Vasily
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Dec 18, 2007, 07:05 AM
    Greenfieldonline is reputable and free to sign up, but you won't often make much money. I've done it for about 1.5 years and the surveys with a cash reward are few and far between. IF you complete a cash reward survey by meeting their criteria, you'll get $1, $2, etc. in about 1 month.

I think in that 1.5 years I've probably only made about $30. Its really just something to do when I'm extremely bored.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online surveys for money? [ 9 Answers ]

I see a lot of "take online surveys and get money" things... I know some of them are scams, but are there any that are real? And if so, would you please direct me to where I can find them? I'm a full time student on financial aid and do not have time for a job, but I do need extra money. Any...

Taking surveys for pay? [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone out their tell me if getting paid for taking surveys online is for real?

How about on-line surveys? [ 7 Answers ]

I've been looking at autosurfing and paid survey sites. I was wondering if anyone had experiences to share with these or others: www.expresspaidsurveys.com www.getcashforsurveys.com www.survey-platinum.com Tks, Paul

Online surveys [ 9 Answers ]

I saw an ad for filling out surveys online. Are these scams or can you make money?

View more questions Search