Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 2, 2009, 12:11 PM
    Is tracking cookies bad?
    Not sure if they are or not!
    I ran my manual scan of the week and it says I have no viruses no spyware good to go but I have some warning and they are some tracking cookies! Should I be worried

(I know as an IT student/worker I should know this but honestly don't :()
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 2, 2009, 12:14 PM
    Tracking cookies are simply site calling cards that record some of your activity.
    AMHD uses them, as do all forums, so it knows what threads you have read, etc.

Overall they are neither good nor bad.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 2, 2009, 12:16 PM

OK even if there is 137 of them? Will this take up some system resources (maybe a little RAM)
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Jan 2, 2009, 12:17 PM

It takes up a little bit of space, but VERY little. It won't cause you any noticeable performance loss.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2009, 03:48 PM

Just delete your cookies so often, not harmful but at same time it does not hurt to clear out every so often

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cookies [ 1 Answers ]

Does Cookies slow your computer down? Do I need to delete cookies and if so can someone please tell me how?

Where's the cookies ? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to log into my pay pal account for the first time. It says my browser has to accept cookies?? Can somebody let me know... where are the cookies? I thought it was a bad thing to allow. Many thanks :)

Tracking Cookies [ 2 Answers ]

My operating system is WindowsXP. On a previous (older) operating system I was able to get a listing of the cookies in my computer using Windows Explorer and thereby select individually which one(s) I wanted to delete. With WindowsXP the only way I found to delete cookies is selecting...

Tracking cookies [ 1 Answers ]

When I run adaware se,it always shows three tracking cookies,but it also shows in excess of 30 to 35 times for spywarenukerXT,I checked on Google for this but it was to deep for me,so asking for help explaining what spywarenukerXT is, & how to get rid of it once & for all! Also explain how I am...

Cookies [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a page where I can find out who owns the cookies that keep appearing when I do scan?? Toydajo

View more questions Search