Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    calover16m Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Nov 14, 2007, 09:40 PM
    Ruth/Riva Minsky Sender
    I'm doing a book report on "the cage" by ruth minsky sender. It is an autobiography but in the book she is called riva. I was wondering if anyone knew why ruth changed her name or decided to be called ruth instead of riva. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.
    clayton_malloy Posts: 12, Reputation: -4

Oct 25, 2010, 05:19 PM
    Yes she change her name because it was polish and nobody in america would know it if you need any more help email me at >Removed<
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Oct 26, 2010, 09:34 AM

Meant to include that I did a bit of digging, and it seems that Riva (shortened version of Rivka) also has Hebrew roots - not Polish.
    -found this info on a site with meanings and origins of names -
    clayton_malloy Posts: 12, Reputation: -4

Oct 28, 2010, 12:49 PM
    Comment on clayton_malloy's post
    Yes you are correct alieaodo and I was pretty close
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Oct 28, 2010, 03:02 PM

Clayton - what was I 'wrong' about? I never said she did not change her name, I was initially disagreeing with your comment that Ruth was a Polish name. Once again, it is NOT a Polish name, it is Hebrew - as is Riva (or Rivka). Also - I just noticed that the original post is over 3yrs old, it looks like Calover hasn't been back since 2007 - so let's move on to see if we can help with some active posts! ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Babe ruth [ 2 Answers ]

How much is my golden babe ruth card

Babe ruth [ 3 Answers ]

I have a topps 2001-2002 babe ruth card #tn30 I'm just curious if it is worth anything

Babe ruth card [ 1 Answers ]

How much is a Babe Ruth 1980 Cramer Sports Productions card worth? It is series 1 No. 1 of 30

True Location of Sender [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, Recently I received a malicious e-mail which mentioned some information which is revelant to me. This showed me the sender was not spaming. And obviously the person was using fictitious email id. My question is: Is there any way I can locate where the emails have been originating from in...

90 Accord oil pressure sender [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed an oil leak from above my oil filter on my 90 Accord. It looks like the oil pressure sender. Has anyone changed one out? Does the wiring just unclip? Any special socket needed? Is it common to leak? Thanks for your help. JD

View more questions Search