Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rainbowlovebear Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2006, 10:57 AM
    No jail time
    I have to do for days in jail for a owi an I'm wondering if I can get a doctoers order saying I need to be in r5 a mental ward receveing treatment an consoling for my depression for a few days instead of being in jail if I can get out of it ?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2006, 02:15 PM
    You can try but, as they say, "lotsa luck." I doubt if any judge would buy it. (S)he would say do your counseling after serving your 4 days in jail.
    rainbowlovebear Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2006, 04:59 PM
    Thank you for youer answer
    K_3 Posts: 304, Reputation: 74

Oct 1, 2006, 05:18 PM
    Didn't you just have another thread about violation of probation? Is the result of that or is this a result of being arrested? Or is this something new?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 1, 2006, 07:57 PM
    Normally no you can't. They may delay the sentence for your treatment and then allow you to enter jail after your treatment.
    aidamsaid Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2009, 08:49 PM
    Hi everyone just wanted you all to know what happened in court. Im the one that left the courtroom in Illinois and abscounded for 2 years. I turned myself in 05/07 The judge terminated my probation told me to get out of Illinois and I would never get probation again if I do anything. Itturned out good just letting you know not always a bad outcome. Praise God!!
    Code-Red Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

May 10, 2009, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aidamsaid View Post
    Hi everyone just wanted you all to know what happened in court. Im the one that left the courtroom in illinois and abscounded for 2 years. i turned myself in 05/07 The judge terminated my probation told me to get out of illinois and i would never get probation again if i do anything. Itturned out good just letting you know not always a bad outcome. Praise God!!!!
    Well congrats for you, I hope my court experience on Tuesday goes this well. As for the OP, if you only have four days to do just do it. Four days isn't that bad at all, you can sleep the first two away basically and the rest will be cake...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long will I be in jail? [ 5 Answers ]

I go to court tomorrow for writing bad checks. I don't have the money to pay for them what will happen to me? I owe $ 2300.00 in bad checks and none of them were over $300.00. I live in chattanooga tn.

What does the term Suspended Jail Time mean? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently went to municipal court on a DUI case (Im 19, got pulled over for a trespassing complaint on a passenger in my car, and blew a BAC of .05 in Alabama). Alabama's underage tolerance is .02 BAC. The judge basically fined me $1000+ with a 6 month suspended jail time. I was wondering what...

Jail Sentencing [ 1 Answers ]

I served on a juror on a trial. I was one of the people not voting the majority. In other words I feel sorry for the young man on trial. What is the sentence for a prison inmate in Oregon, Oregon State Penitentiary, for possession of a sharp object that could be used as a weapon? The inmate...

Jail Sentencing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a friend who is in jail. She was put on an ACD in April of last year (for a year) for beating up her sister, because her sister pressed charges against her. But in November she broke her ACD by beating up her sister again and was sent to jail. She has been in there ever since (4 months)....

View more questions Search