Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PaidVacation Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2006, 11:39 PM
    "Monstereo," who is it by?
    I have a song titled "Monstereo" (4:07) (incorrectly labeled as a Chris Cornell song), and it goes like this:

You're you're a man on your feet never
    ?. to see
    [then a bunch of quickly sung lyrics]

Woman he's really just a man,
    Woman oh what a cool cool man
    Woman of he's just a rockin man
    Woman oh what a funky man
    There's just the sunshine inside
    And even in the rain doesn't pay (something like that)
    I got 17 for the style, I got 4 for the flow,
    I got 21 blackjack for Monstereo

[more quick lyrics]

It's a rock/funk song sung by 2 guys.
    Need help identifying artist, if this is even the right song title.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2006, 03:39 AM
    Monstereo is the name of the band: a collaboration of former Rage Against The Machine members and Chris Cornell.
    See these links, especially the first one at the ChrisCornell.com message board.

(I see that most agree with you: doesn't sound like him)

Feb 3, 2006, 12:01 PM
    I thought that was Audioslave...

Feb 3, 2006, 12:04 PM
    I looked it up under name at www.allmusic.com and it doesn't show up as band or song. But Audioslave does show up as former Rage members and Chris Cornell.

Feb 3, 2006, 12:06 PM
    Ah, I see, it was a demo...

Thank you!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2006, 12:09 PM
    Yeah, it's all a bit confusing. I read a few of those links and realized that the whole issue is kind of murky...

At the first one (Cornell's site) I saw someone post

"And I must say: Chris Cornell, in the position of being the world's greatest singer, can not possibly be the one who sings on "Monstereo"..
    I read an article in an UK mag called Total Guitar which contained: Tom Morello, John 5, Zakk Wylde, and Steve Vai. In this article Morello talks about the collaboration between Chris and the former RATM.. he said that when he, Morello that is, came up with a riff that sounded like a Soundgarden-riff or something like that Chris just said no. He wanted to do something diffrent than before... SO there it is: The Ugly Truth.."

Now what that exactly means, I'm not sure...

I tried to surf Collins' site some more, but his forum was down earlier this morning (I got the above from the cached page).
    TheIUG13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2009, 12:45 PM
    I know this is a very old post, however, it is the first result for "Audioslave Monstereo".

I think I figured out who really did this song. I believe it is by the band "The Most Terrifying Thing". They were formerly known as Audioslave, but Chris Cornell's band bought the rights to the name, so the previous band changed their name. The "Civilian Project" CD that a couple of people have obtained are in fact bootlegs. It seems that the guy who made it grabbed a bunch of Audioslave demos, rarities, and Cornell's work on other CDs (such as Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden).

However, he grabbed this one song from the former Audioslave, before the name got purchased. I've tracked down a copy of The Most Terrifying Thing's "Victoriana" CD, and the track "Always In The Way" sound very similar. Similar vocalist, guitar work, and vox effects as the Monstereo track.

I'm willing to bet that "The Most Terrifying Thing" created the song while they were still named "Audioslave", and that's where the bootlegger got this track. Unfortunately, it's not on the Victoriana CD, and the band has broken up, so there's no real way to confirm it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Who did this song: from the 80's, probably called "typical" or "that's typical" [ 2 Answers ]

Some lyrics as I hear them: Windowsill, my elbow's numb As I heard the door go and saw your car As it glides onto the road Double wasted dumbness Sodding off and I can't hear you go And that's typical There you sit in the driving seat

"ED" (Pronounced "Ayed") [ 4 Answers ]

Further comment re Morganite's comment in the initial discussion of the "ED":i.e., "The altar was built on Jordan's West Bank (some say on the East Bank)." I was reading an article recently that stated that archeologists searched for some time on the "East Bank" for the "ED" -- to no avail. ...

View more questions Search