Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

May 30, 2022, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    We were a K-12 campus of about a thousand students, so a deputy was useful in many ways for us. There was the very rare occasion of having to arrest a student who would not respond to any school commands. He directed traffic at times. Just his presence on campus, and knowing that he was armed, probably prevented a number of problems. Every school should have a full-time deputy.
    Agreed. We have 900 students and we are about 6 miles from the nearest sheriff station. No on-site security.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 30, 2022, 09:31 AM
    It’s just asking for trouble. Banks go to greater measures to protect that which is far less valuable. SOMEONE needs to be armed and well trained.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 30, 2022, 10:32 AM
    And then there was Trump's performance at the NRA convention. From HuffPost --

In a bold display of disrespect, Trump bashed gun control and hailed all firearms in his Friday speech, including the kind of military-style assault weapons that killed 19 children and two teachers in a mass shooting in Uvalde last week.

Trump then mangled the pronunciation of victims’ names, which he read interspersed with cheesy funeral toll sounds.

Trump wrapped up his speech smiling, with his clenched fists and wooden dance steps to the 1996 song "Hold On, I'm Coming," written by Hayes and David Porter, and performed by rhythm-and-blues duo Sam and Dave.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 30, 2022, 10:41 AM
    Instead of the Ten Commandments being posted in public buildings, this would be more effective --

tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2022, 11:37 AM
    Trump wrapped up his speech smiling, with his clenched fists and wooden dance steps to the 1996 song "Hold On, I'm Coming," written by Hayes and David Porter, and performed by rhythm-and-blues duo Sam and Dave
    I saw Sam Moore perform with Bruce Springsteen . He sang Hold on I'm coming and Soul Man with Bruce. .It was one of the many highlights of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame concert I attended .

That 'art' is cheesy and inappropriate ... as intended no doubt .
    Uber Member

May 30, 2022, 11:38 AM
    Shame that liberal dems never seem to be concerned about black kids killed by the dozens in our major cities. I guess they don't work well in making bloody posters to stir up the emotions?

I never trust anything from the HP. It is an anti-Trump mouthpiece dedicated to liberal-dem propaganda. That being said, since you fell flat in your attempt to have Trump say we were going to inject disinfectants into people, you now shift the target to a speech to the NRA. Well, no one has ever accused him of being overly-thoughtful or well-prepared. It is his greatest weakness by far.

And to be fair, perhaps I misread your disinfectant post. You haven't made that clear, so I'm open to a little enlightenment.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 30, 2022, 11:59 AM
    Shame that liberal dems never seem to be concerned about black kids killed by the dozens in our major cities. I guess they don't work well in making bloody posters to stir up the emotions?
    My research says many of the guns used come from Indiana and Texas, among other states.
    I never trust anything from the HP. It is an anti-Trump mouthpiece dedicated to liberal-dem propaganda. That being said, since you fell flat in your attempt to have Trump say we were going to inject disinfectants into people, you now shift the target to a speech to the NRA. Well, no one has ever accused him of being overly-thoughtful or well-prepared. It is his greatest weakness by far.
    Do a search using good keywords. It's all over the Internet and on YouTube -- his mangling of the victims' names, his little dance, his rah-rahing over guns.

And yes, that YouTube video link I posted shows Trump using the word "disinfectant" after the previous speaker's comment about bleach.

As tomder quoted from that video:

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful.”
    Uber Member

May 30, 2022, 12:10 PM
    Do a search using good keywords. It's all over the Internet and on YouTube -- his mangling of the victims' names, his little dance, his rah-rahing over guns.
    Did you not read this? "Well, no one has ever accused him of being overly-thoughtful or well-prepared. It is his greatest weakness by far." He included some foolish behavior in his speech. If you are really against that, you will begin to note the many times JB and KH do it.
    As far as a search with keywords, I have finally figured out that you keep suggesting I do it because you are not actually good at it. Or at least you certainly have not demonstrated that here.

And yes, that YouTube video link I posted shows Trump using the word "disinfectants" after the previous speaker's comment about bleach.
    So? He also said, "...so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me." Now to any person capable of unbiased thought, it is clearly plain that he was suggesting possible avenues for research. You would be well served to drop this silly pursuit. It makes it appear that you are willing to believe anything, no matter how silly or unsupported, so long as it makes Trump look bad.
    Uber Member

May 30, 2022, 12:17 PM
    Even in your quote of Tom's post, where does he suggest we inject disinfectants or anything else. He simply inquired, "And is there a way we can do something like that..." It's called asking a question. Only in the world of the TDS afflicted does it amount to encouraging the general public to do something.

Can you not see that no one is disputing his use of "disinfectant"? The question which was described as a hoax asked this. "Trump suggested drinking/injecting bleach to stop covid." Please pay attention.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 30, 2022, 12:19 PM
    You post an oppositional reply on topic but can't stop yourself from twisting my words (most recently, "That being said, since you fell flat in your attempt to have Trump say we were going to inject disinfectants into people...") and then adding a personal put-down, JL. Please stop.
    Uber Member

May 30, 2022, 12:30 PM
    You fail to note, in your partial quote, that I added, "And to be fair, perhaps I misread your disinfectant post. You haven't made that clear, so I'm open to a little enlightenment." Not sure why you would omit including that.

I still have no idea what you are trying to establish. As I said above, "Can you not see that no one is disputing his use of "disinfectant"? The question which was described as a hoax asked this. "Trump suggested drinking/injecting bleach to stop covid." Please pay attention.

Now if you have some evidence that Trump, "suggested drinking/injecting bleach", then please post it. Otherwise, I have no idea what your point is. Your Youtube video added nothing that would shed light on that, so I just don't know why you posted it. Can you explain that in reference to, "Trump suggested drinking/injecting bleach to stop covid." Your Youtube link did not establish that at all, did it?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 30, 2022, 01:19 PM
    The speaker before Trump suggested bleach and other chemical remedies. When Trump spoke, he lumped them together as disinfectants that would possibly work.

Shake Comet cleanser instead of grated parmesan cheese onto your plateful of spaghetti?
    Uber Member

May 30, 2022, 01:55 PM
    Now if you have some evidence that Trump, "suggested drinking/injecting bleach", then please post it. Otherwise, I have no idea what your point is. Your Youtube video added nothing that would shed light on that, so I just don't know why you posted it. Can you explain that in reference to, "Trump suggested drinking/injecting bleach to stop covid." Your Youtube link did not establish that at all, did it?
    Well, the answer is, you have no evidence that Trump, "suggested drinking/injecting bleach." All you have is, "When Trump spoke, he lumped them together as disinfectants that would possibly work." So I don't even know why we are having this ridiculous discussion. But if you can come up with some evidence that Trump suggested, "drinking/injecting bleach," then feel free to post it. Until then, it's just another outbreak of TDS.

Glad we finally got that settled.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 30, 2022, 02:00 PM
    Trump did NOT say to drink or inject bleach! He was a follow-up speaker to a man who did. Trump instead used the word "disinfectant" (lumping bleach et al. together).
    Uber Member

May 30, 2022, 02:02 PM
    Trump did NOT say to drink or inject bleach!
    Like I said. Glad we finally got that settled.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 30, 2022, 02:06 PM
    Like I said. Glad we finally got that settled.
    And I have said that from the get-go of this discussion.
    Uber Member

May 30, 2022, 02:10 PM
    Sure you did.

The bottom line is this. Trump never suggested the general public drink or inject anything. He was plainly talking about potential research. He never mentioned bleach.

So we finally have it settled. Wonderful, Wondergirl.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 30, 2022, 02:16 PM
    Under the thread Hoax Quiz, in Post #5, I posted a link to Trump's speech, then in Post #8, I said --

***I explicitedly avoided saying Trump used the word "bleach". He said "disinfectant". And I'm sure he had/has no clue about GI endoscopy procedures, tomder.***
    Uber Member

May 30, 2022, 02:20 PM
    Yes, which makes us all wonder what on earth your point was in posting the video. The hoax was that Trump said drink/inject bleach. He did not suggest we drink or inject anything at all. He suggested some med research. So what on earth was your point?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 30, 2022, 02:41 PM
    Yes, which makes us all wonder what on earth your point was in posting the video. The hoax was that Trump said drink/inject bleach. He did not suggest we drink or inject anything at all. He suggested some med research. So what on earth was your point?
    His speech was right after the bleach-talker guy. Trump, when he spoke, nodded enthusiastically and endorsed a possible remedy involving such a disinfectant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elementary statistics [ 1 Answers ]

1. Construct a confidence interval to be used for testing the claim college students have a mean greater than 100 and you want the test conducted with a 0.01 significance level. What is the level for the confidence interval?

Elementary math [ 1 Answers ]

2+2=

Elementary homework [ 1 Answers ]

How may ways could you order exactly 40 light bulbs

Elementary Education [ 3 Answers ]

Call anyone tell me all they know about Elementary Education? Please it is for a project thank you. :)

View more questions Search