Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SmileyRedhead Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Aug 4, 2013, 11:33 AM
    A dress that I don't like, but it's my sisters wedding...
    My sister is having a wedding, we're veeeerrrrry close and we have similar styles, we look just alike (I'm a quadruplet), and so, I'm paying for her wedding. Everything. Including her dress, and all of the bridesmaids dresses. But... My sister is a tiny bit more... Showy... So her wedding dress is a form-fitting high-low mermaid, with a diving neckline that shows her belly-button. I'm paying $11,000 for this dress... But I don't like it. Should I say something?

P.S I really hope that I'm not offending anyone who likes the dress.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2013, 11:36 AM
    It's her wedding and you agree. If money isn't the issue then you have to respect her style. Maybe get her to try it on before its paid for and get a photo of her wearing it. Sometimes that can make a difference.

Aug 4, 2013, 11:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    It's her wedding and you agree. If money isn't the issue then you have to respect her style. Maybe get her to try it on before its paid for and get a photo of her wearing it. Sometimes that can make a difference.
    Okay, I won't say a word
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 11:47 AM
    $11,000 for a wedding dress? Mine cost $70. Hmmm.
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2013, 11:50 AM
    When you have a million dollar budget $11, is like $1,000.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 11:52 AM
    Yeah. I saw the million dollar budget comment after I had posted.

Aug 4, 2013, 01:48 PM

Oh. Hahahha you guys must to have seen my other post. Help me out on that one too please! Also, my sister is... A beautiful person who loves to take lead in situations and share her opinion. I wouldn't want to upset her. So I hope I'm doing the right thing and I thank you so much for your advice.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SmileyRedhead View Post
    Oh. Hahahha you guys must to have seen my other post. Help me out on that one too please! Also, my sister is... A beautiful person who loves to take lead in situations and share her opinion. I wouldn't want to upset her. So I hope I'm doing the right thing and I thank you so much for your advice.
    If there is a million-collar budget, why are you the wedding planner? Have you ever done this before?
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2013, 01:57 PM
    I think she wants to do something special and get the experience
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2013, 04:05 PM
    First, these should be combined. I get suspicious when 2 threads contain different info.

Second, the OP is a want to be writer. I'm not sure this isn't part of background for her latest... whatever.

Third, spidey senses.

Fourth, hahaha - ?

Fifth, didn't like the info on post #1. Now we have post #2.
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2013, 04:08 PM
    "Yeah. I saw the million dollar budget comment after I had posted."

Right - million dollars for the wedding in a "mansion" (a direct quote) but no money for a planner and the dress 2 years in advance. Apparently styles and fashions in whatever part of the World this is do not change.

And the guests at the million dollar wedding are, I believe, going to be quite surprised by actual event because, well, they will be expecting a million dollar wedding with class.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    "Yeah. I saw the million dollar budget comment after I had posted."

Right - million dollars for the wedding in a "mansion" (a direct quote) but no money for a planner and the dress 2 years in advance. Apparently styles and fashions in whatever part of the World this is do not change.

And the guests at the million dollar wedding are, I believe, going to be quite surprised by actual event because, well, they will be expecting a million dollar wedding with class.
    And the sisters are part of quadruplets. Sounds like a storyline.
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2013, 04:12 PM
    Without a doubt - and based on this the OP (and the looking for a prom dress thread) is most definitely not an adult. "Hahaha! It did strike me as bizarre and so I hadnt planned on answering it but now that I know why you're asking it, I'm happy to tell you that I am an adult. Teehee!"

More hahaha, now teehee.

Does anyone else get as aggravated as I get when someone comes on AMHD and - how do I put this - lies about a situation, takes up time and energy?

I feel betrayed - and what does OP say to my colleague, Nohelp, who posted photos, looked up designs, DOES plan receptions, thought this was all for real. Trust OP is highly amused that she was able to pull this off. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/weddin...ml#post3522277

If she had simply asked about a storyline, characters, a million dollar wedding, people would have jumped to help her.

Now she's a troll (in my eyes).

Aug 5, 2013, 05:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    First, these should be combined. I get suspicious when 2 threads contain different info.

Second, the OP is a want to be writer. I'm not sure this isn't part of background for her latest ... whatever.

Third, spidey senses.

Fourth, hahaha - ?

Fifth, didn't like the info on post #1. Now we have post #2.
    Wait- are you questioning the truth of my threads? I mean if you are, Oh well because I have no interest in arguing with you (not that I'm saying that I think that you just would want to do that) but I just wanted to be clear.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 5, 2013, 05:41 AM
    A wedding dress with a plunging neckline all the way to her bellybutton! Wow, yes, classy!
    Expert

Aug 5, 2013, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SmileyRedhead View Post
    Wait- are you questioning the truth of my threads? I mean if you are, Oh well because I have no intrest in arguing with you (not that I'm saying that I think that you just would want to do that) but I just wanted to be clear.
    Well why did you start a new post when you already have a thread about this ummm wedding.

To be quite honest, I am doubtful because anyone with this much money to throw around on a wedding would be consulting a wedding planner not a help desk forum of strangers!
    Expert

Aug 5, 2013, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Well why did you start a new post when you already have a thread about this ummm wedding.

To be quite honest, I am doubtful because anyone with this much money to throw around on a wedding would be consulting a wedding planner not a help desk forum of strangers!
    Wait! This intrigue is better then my newspaper this morning!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 5, 2013, 06:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Wait! This intrigue is better then my newspaper this morning!
    I reread her older threads and surmise she is still in her teens (and wants to be a writer).
    Expert

Aug 5, 2013, 06:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I reread her older threads and surmise she is still in her teens (and wants to be a writer).
    Oh. Yes, the wannabe syndrome.
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2013, 06:44 AM
    "Wait- are you questioning the truth of my threads? I mean if you are, Oh well because I have no intrest in arguing with you (not that I'm saying that I think that you just would want to do that) but I just wanted to be clear."

I thought I was clear - yes, I'm questioning the truth of your threads concerning the wedding. I'm also concerning your "I'm an adult" statement - and just about everything else you've said

Is that clear to you?

I'm not arguing with you. I'm just saying honesty is not your strong suit - again, of course, in my opinion.

If your millionaire boyfriend is willing to pay for your triplet redheaded sister's wedding, so be it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have to cancel on my sisters wedding? [ 4 Answers ]

My sister is getting married in Greece in a few months and because my partner and I are living in Australia we can't afford the 5,000 to attend. We only have managed to save less than a grand so far and my partner is doing some extra work at home. I work in a shop and I'm finding it hard to save...

Wedding dress [ 8 Answers ]

I have recently fallen into a situation where my chronic lying may result in some legal action. I was asked to create a wedding dress for a friend of a friend at no charge. There was no contract written or any documents made. We met once and did a drawing of what she wanted. As the date got...

New Job/Sisters Wedding-Possible Trouble? [ 5 Answers ]

I've recently taken a job with the USPS as a letter carrier I am 20 years old and with no college degree this is a wonderful oppurtunity that some wait years for. Now that Im officially hired with a start date of 04/16 I've got a possibly HUGE problem. The USPS is very strict about...

View more questions Search