Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amitsaxena Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 12:16 AM
    How to feel confident on stage ?
    How to feel confident on stage while any kind of performance ?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 12:18 AM
    Well, I was involved in theatre for some time and the way I got over stage fright and felt confident on stage was just to know exactly what I had to do and believe in myself. I eventually forgot about the audience and just thought about doing my job and doing it properly and with all the passion and heart I could. If you believe in yourself, it'll be much easier. Good luck!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 12:35 AM
    Look out into the audience and choose a person on the right, on the left, and in the middle. Choose people you can find again--because of a red blouse or white hair or dark-rimmed glasses, etc. Look only at each of those people as you perform. It will seem to evryone like you are looking at the audience as a whole, not just at individuals.

Remember you are the expert, the one who has come to them to provide entertainment or information. You are doing them a special service, and they will let you know how much they are enjoying it by cheering and clapping.

Once you hear applause for the first time, you will relax and smile.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 12:42 AM
    What is it that you are doing or are going to be doing on stage that you are having some fears about?

Nov 16, 2007, 01:26 AM
    Actually I know that whatever I am going to present on stage is excellent and I am also doing it with the best efforts I can, and I also know that people like me. But still somewhere in my mind, a thought comes like I am not perfect. What if I made a mistake ? What if something bad happens on stage... These things don't let me feel confident... :-(
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 01:28 AM
    What is it that you are doing on stage, please? Knowing that would help in answering you better.

Nov 16, 2007, 01:30 AM
    I am basically a singer... We are 5 guys and have formed a musical band... We have an upcoming event coming very soon, We are preparing for that...

It is not like I am fearing for this event... but every time I have such kind of programs , or If I do anything which draws people attention , I feel nervous...
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 01:30 AM
    Thank you for saying what it is that you do on stage. I too, am a singer. I also perform on stages playing other types of musical instruments.

Are you in school? If you are, what grade are you in, please?

Nov 16, 2007, 01:43 AM
    Nice to hear that... :-) , I am not in schools, I am a computer professional working with a MNC.
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 01:45 AM
    Thank you!

Are you the only singer in the group?

Nov 16, 2007, 01:50 AM
    No, We are 2 guys in the group who sing but the other guyz is purely confident... he enjoys the crowd... He says that it gives him more enthusiasm when he see that there is a huge crowd... while it is reverse with me
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 01:54 AM
    Do you sing the same notes as him? Or, is it more like a duet, say on different notes that are sung at the same time?

Do you feel like he is a better singer than you? Or that, because he feels so confident on stage that it makes you feel uncomfortable?

Sorry about so many questions this time. But, I'm just trying to figure out what is going on. I do know all about what it feels like to be afraid on stage.

Sometimes we have to take things apart piece by piece here in order to figure out what is happening.

Nov 16, 2007, 02:07 AM
    No , we don't sing the same notes... we even don't do duet also... except sometime singing a song in which there a chorus involved, then we sing the same song...

I even don't feel like that he is better then me, This is not like that in these 5 guys only I feel nervous, but every time... when I go on stage to sing or whenever I am asked to sing in a group of people, I feel like this only...

I can understand why you are asking all these questions, you are just trying to help me only... thanks for sparing your time to talk to me...

I never talked to anyone on this subject before...
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 02:11 AM
    You are welcome! Thank you for being honest, open and sharing with me! :)

Are there other things that you do in your life where you might feel as unconfident like you do on stage?
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 02:22 AM
    I'm glad that you came back! I thought that you were gone...

Nov 16, 2007, 02:28 AM
    No , not now , but earlier I used not to mix up with girls, I used to feel the same in their company... But After my marriage that fear is gone... In case presenting a Presentation in to the management, or giving a demo of a technology to the group of users... anything where I am standing alone and discussing about anything in front of a group of people...

Nov 16, 2007, 02:32 AM
    In all such cases , I feel like this only... I feel like I don't have power in my legs lower then the knees...

But there is one morething... as the show /presentation goes on, I start feeling confident, I start feeling the same power again...
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 02:33 AM
    I think that we just hit the nail on the head! It sounds like you might suffer from anxiety attacks. I have suffered from them for years.

When you are in front of people and presenting something to them, do you ever feel like your brain is going so fast that you can't think and that your heart starts beating more than normal?

Nov 16, 2007, 02:40 AM
    Actually during those moments, Lots of thoughts come to my mind, like What if somebody asked a question for which I don't have answer, how am I appearing ? Am I too loud or am I too slow... blah blah... Yes My heartbeat starts beating more than the normal... I can easily feel the heart beat...

But every time somebody asks any question, I manage the situation better...
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 02:44 AM
    You are stressed, nervous and afraid when you are in front of people doing something where you want to be the best that you can be. I am the same way. When things get going some, then I calm down and am able to function better.

Has anyone ever said that you were a perfectionist or had perfectionist tendencies? Do you view yourself as being at least somewhat of a perfectionist?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I be confident around BOYS ? [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: All my life I have been shy. I've never been able to look at boys in the face. Every time I think I get up enough nerve then I chicken out. I don't want to be like this anymore. And I know only I can fix it but I really need some advice. I'm so confused on how to be confident. Sometimes...

2 stage furnace / single stage thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a Goodman 90,000btu 2 stage, variable speed 5 ton blower furnace put in. I am also have a 3 ton 16 seer A/C put in. They want to set me up with a Honeywell 4000 programmable thermostat. I thought that I read that this thermostat was for single stage heating. Am I getting short changed?...

Changing 2 stage manual thermostat to 1 stage programmable [ 3 Answers ]

All wires match up except the RED wire (previously connected to "R") and the blue wire (previously connected to "C") on an manual white-rodgers thermostat (type 1f58w-58 2 stage heat/cool). On the programmable white-rodgers thermostat (type 1f78-151 single stage) I only have one open terminal and...

White rogers thermostat 2 stage heat 1 stage cool [ 6 Answers ]

Anyonw know how to hook this up with a dpdt relay There is 5 wires , outdoor heat for stage 1 heat , propane gas for stage 2 hear Thanks For any help :confused:

White rogers thermostat 2 stage heat 1 stage cool [ 1 Answers ]

What is the right wiring to hook the WHITE ROGERS 80 SERIES thermostat up ( 1F82-261)? I have a outdoor wood burner dlowing hear to a exchanger in the ducts , and I have propand gas as a back up sorce The furnace is a coleman evecon ( 94 model) with ac (up draft) I think I had the wiring...

View more questions Search