Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cromy Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2015, 12:25 PM
    Pos. Test for Codeine
    I was Taking Kadian 200 mg 2x day (morphine sulfate), 5 mg Oxycodone 3x day & 4mg Zanaflex 3x day. Plus heart meds, blood pressure, acid reflux & blood thinners. I recently submitted a urine sample that came back Pos. for Codeine. I have never taken that drug. They said there was a zero chance of a mistake. After 15 years and 20 or 30 clean urine tests. Plus there were no drugs in my system the day of the accident. They said goodbye. no second chance. Now I live on my couch. no doctor will help. The pain is almost to much. My pcp told me to he don't believe in pain meds.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 27, 2015, 01:16 PM
    Of course there is room for error - lab mixup, human error on the test equipment, or printing out the results and matching them to the person, and so on.

Don't know what to tell you. You say something about an accident? The story seems to be missing some background. Who is 'they' etc.

I am in pain and can't take narcotics for certain reasons, so I stumble around from bed to chair to little chores, and take Tylenol and ibuprofin. I use heating pads and throws, even in summer. Most days I say the pain is too much too, and I'm ready to call it a life. Either get off the couch and find a new doctor or clinic and get some physical therapy and do what you can to move gently around every 30 minutes, or keep doing what you are doing. The choice is yours as long as you can think and talk and make decisions and search for new options.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2015, 01:57 PM
    What kind of job did you have using all of the named narcotics? "Plus there were no drugs in my system the day of the accident". More info please. If you were taking what you indicate you would have had some drugs in your urinalysis.

Jul 27, 2015, 03:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    What kind of job did you have using all of the named narcotics? "Plus there were no drugs in my system the day of the accident". More info please. If you were taking what you indicate you would have had some drugs in your urinalysis.
    I was hurt at work on Aug 20th 1998. My right ankle/foot was crushed by 2000 lbs. of steel. While I was in the ER my boss's wife ask for a drug test. It was negative. After 4 surgeries the doctor started me on long lasting pain meds in 2000. About the middle May this year, I had a urine test. Pain management said I tested Pos. for Codeine. Except I have NEVER taken codeine. The nurse at pain management said that there was zero chance of a mistake at the lab. I asked to take another drug test I was told I wasn't entitled to another test. I offered to take a lie detector test and was told nothing could be done for me. The doc said he was sorry, but the agreement he had with Meadville Medical Center If you have a bad urine screen, your gone. Miss an appointment, don't show for a pill count, Gone. So I am just out. My PCP say's he don't prescribe narcotics. I am in so much pain, that sometimes I have trouble seeing. It's like I'm looking tru pixels that are vibrating. I need to find out how I tested Pos for something I did not take. I now live on my couch with my foot up on the back of it.
    current pert

Jul 27, 2015, 05:14 PM
    You need a lawyer. Start calling any and all law firms, the bigger the better, unless it's a law clinic or law school.
    Big law firms take a few pro bono cases each year.
    Read what you wrote here in your last response, nice and short but informative.
    Also contact the Cleveland Clinic about your chronic and debilitating pain. Famous hospital. Not too far, right?
    You must have a helper, someone?
    Have you applied for Social Security Disability? How old are you? Have you been getting WC for 17 years?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2015, 06:04 PM
    1998? If the drug test was negative, you would have Workers Comp. So you are/have been on WC all this time? We need lots more info as things don't add up.

Jul 27, 2015, 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    You need a lawyer. Start calling any and all law firms, the bigger the better, unless it's a law clinic or law school.
    Read what you wrote here in your last response, nice and short but informative.
    Also contact the Cleveland Clinic about your chronic and debilitating pain. Famous hospital. Not too far, right?
    Have you applied for Social Security Disability? How old are you? Have you been getting WC for 17 years?

I have been on SS since 2001. Comp only pays for scripts & doctors related to my foot. I settled the money end in late 2000. That is when I applied for SS.

Jul 27, 2015, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    1998? If the drug test was negative, you would have Workers Comp. So you are/have been on WC all this time? We need lots more info as things don't add up.

I have been on WC since 1998. I been taking pain meds since 2000. The day of the accident there was nothing in my system. I quit partying in 1992. In May of this year I did a urine test. It showed Pos. for codeine. I have never taken codeine. I insisted that there was a mistake. The nurse at the pain clinic said that there was zero chance that the lab made a mistake. I was going to the pain clinic for six years, and never had a bad drug screen until may. Before that the doc who fixed my foot was writing my scripts. But since he sent me to the pain clinic, he is not allowed to write my scripts any more. The pain doctor called the head of the hospital and told him he did not think that I knowingly to anything I shouldn't have. He said that the pain doc was not allowed to write me anymore scripts because I tested Pos for codeine. The pain Doc called my PCP and asked him to write my scripts. He said no. He don't believe in narcotics. In order to go to another place for pain I have to be referred. Which my pcp won't do. I need to find out how tested pos for something I did not take. Let me know if you any more info.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 27, 2015, 08:37 PM
    You could have tested positive for a dozen or more reasons, no way at this point, years later to even guess. Then, was when you needed an attorney, to require a retest and check results.

At this point, you need perhaps to change doctors or see about referral to a pain clinic.
    current pert

Jul 28, 2015, 04:08 AM
    No, you don't have to be referred. Those old rules are gone.

I repeat:

Do you drive? Who shops and cooks and so on? And again, how old are you?

Jul 28, 2015, 08:34 AM
    No, you don't have to be referred. Those old rules are gone.

I repeat:

Do you drive? Who shops and cooks and so on? And again, how old are you?
    I am 58. I drive myself. My girl does the shopping and cleaning etc. But she is starting to get annoyed with me being angry. It will be one month tomorrow since I took my last med.
    current pert

Jul 28, 2015, 09:28 AM
    1. 'My girl' -- daughter, Medicare helper, girlfriend, what?
    2. Do you have Medicare and Medicaid in addition to Comp?

Comp sounds like they are trying to get rid of you. You have SSD (disability). If you have Medicare and Medicaid, CALL ANOTHER DOCTOR.

Jul 28, 2015, 10:22 AM
    1. 'My girl' -- daughter, Medicare helper, girlfriend, what?
    2. Do you have Medicare and Medicaid in addition to Comp?

Comp sounds like they are trying to get rid of you. You have SSD (disability). If you have Medicare and Medicaid, CALL ANOTHER DOCTOR.
    My girlfriend. I have medicare and medicaid in addition to comp. I have an appointment with another doc. Tomorrow, 7/29.
    current pert

Jul 28, 2015, 10:52 AM
    excellent, good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Positive drug test for Codeine [ 6 Answers ]

I had a positive drug test for Codeine and the result was 47ng/mL but I have never taken that drug. What can cause this? I had the further testing done because I denied taking the drug and that was still the result. I am beside myself because I don't know what could cause this. Is this a very low...

How much codeine would it take to fail a hair test? [ 1 Answers ]

Lets say about 50 days ago you had a cold and took 3 teaspoons of codeine to help with the illness and did a drug test about 10 days after that. (about 60 days) Would that much be enough to fail a hair test or would it possibly come in under the confirmation level which I believe is 2000...

Do xycodone and codeine test the same in u/a [ 0 Answers ]

If you took tylonol w/codeien would the test results say pos for oxycodone

How long before a dr will see you after a pos urine test? [ 24 Answers ]

We have been trying to conceive for 9 months now, so I decided to give it a break after last month being 17 days late with negative urine test and then getting my period. So, just taking a month off. I had gone to the dr for a regular check up after being so late. He said it was either an early...

Could I be pregnant when one test is pos and the other negative? [ 3 Answers ]

I was on the depo vera for six months and I came off it about three months ago, since then I have had my regular periods. For the mth of February I had spotting one week later after my period and on one day I was bleeding with cramps. I took two tests, one was positive and the other negative. Could...

View more questions Search