Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajhobbs Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 12:05 PM
    Immigration of my girl friend from Ghana to the USA
    There is a girl in Accra, Ghana that has an expired passport and I want her to come here with me in the USA on a Fiancé Visa. I need to know what documents she needs and the cost. And then how will I know when I can book the flight in the USA with a Credit Card and have her fly here. Any information or a real source to find this information would help me greatly. Arthur J. Hobbs Moab, Utah [email protected]
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Jun 26, 2009, 12:08 PM

For the K-1 visa, you must have physically met in the past 2 years and demonstrate a bona fide fiance-fiancee relationship. You file the case with the USCIS on form I-129F.

After approval, she applies for the visa at her home consulate, at which time she will need a valid unexpired passport.

Jun 26, 2009, 12:29 PM

Well I cannot meet her. Is there another type of visa she can get to come here? Or another way she can come to the USA and what documents does she need. [email protected]

Jun 26, 2009, 02:13 PM

You can meet in a third country, or if you get married, then you can file the K-3 visa.

If not, she will need to apply for a B-2visitor visa. Please note that she should not use a B-2 to enter the US for the purpose of marrying you and applying for adjustment of status.

Jun 26, 2009, 02:29 PM

OK and if she gets the B-2 visitor visa how long can she stay. I am confused about all this but do not want to violate laws. I would like to marry her at some point but do not know how to proceed. Can you advise me?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 02:34 PM

ajhobbs, let me ask you a question... have you seen her before or is this a "I met her online" kind of thing?

Jun 26, 2009, 02:49 PM

No I met her online but have verified through a reliable third party she is real. But I only trust so much that is why I want to find out how it really should be done if it can be. And if it won't work I will move on. Thanks for you concern.

Jun 26, 2009, 04:44 PM

If she gets the B-2 visitor visa, she can stay in the US for up to 6 months, after which she should leave and return to her home country.
    Segismundo Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 11:03 PM
    You are not trying to bring someone to the US for money, are you? If you are and you are caught, you could go to prison. How old are you people. You both will have to go through some intensive questioning and if you are lying, yo could be in serious problems.

Jun 27, 2009, 05:17 PM

No I am not but thanks for you concern and advice.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 10:45 AM

Are you absolutely sure this person is who they claim to be, there are far too many scams out of Ghana where girls pretend to fall in love with you and ask to come see you, then they ask you to pay for their passport, visa and send them money for a plane ticket. In the end they never come visit and presumably never spent the money you sent on what they claimed.

It's very well documented, this scam is so common and so bad that even the US Embassy in Ghana has posted warnings about it on their website

Visa Fraud - U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana

Jul 2, 2009, 10:51 AM

Well thanks for your concern. I have found out as much as I can and now told her she has to pay for the papers. If she does it OK. If not then she can stay there. Thanks for your advice.
    crazeeone Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2009, 04:52 PM
    Do austraillians need a visa and passport to travel to the united states ,also do they require a medical test to get a visa. One more question---can you get an express passport and does it cost 120 dollars to get it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How should I tolerate my best friend with another girl who was also my best friend? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi to all here is my story I loved a guy... I proposed him he said you are very good friend really I can't loose u... our relation became very strong we two became my best friend rather he also considers me best friend... a girl who was my best friend always said you two are made for each other......

A friend want to come to the usa to visit from ghana [ 3 Answers ]

My friend want to travel to america from ghana, they have been told that there is a declaration fee to travel, is this true?? If yes what is the minimum and maximum amount to travel to the usa??

Found Out girl friends ex- boy friend came to see her [ 2 Answers ]

Found Out girl friend’s ex- boy friend came to see her, and she spent time with him, She tell’s Me she is still crazy about me, and likes me a lot, so I told her I will give her a few day’s To see what she wants. Well, we ended up spending that whole 5 day’s together. Then on that Friday she...

Immigration Costs in Ghana [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, Is there anyone that can tell me the approximate cost of the medical examination done for the U.S. Consulate in Ghana? :confused: :confused: :confused: Thanks!

Immigration for a friend [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know a thing about immigration law. I have a close friend from Kosovo, she is Albanian, who is visiting. Her tourist visa expires in May 2007. She has a sister here who recently married an American. Her sister, however, does not have permanent residence yet. Is there ANY way I can...

View more questions Search