Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chelsea1949 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2009, 02:22 PM
    Buying a Cdn Visitor Visa in Ghana
    I know that Ghana is a very corrupt country. If someone were to bribe the Cdn Immigration Office in Ghana to get a Visitor Visa to Canada, what would be the repercussions. Would it really be a legitimate Visa, and if I was inviting this person to visit me, are there any legal problems that I could face. I am told that this is done all the time.
    Thanks
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 08:44 AM

There is not going to be a bribe, and there is not going to be a visa obtained, that's a lie. This person is scamming you. He/She will just keep any money you send and ask for more, next time they will ask you to pay for their passport or airline ticket.

This is a very well known scam. Go to the Ghana embassy in the US website, they have very clear warnings about these dating scams

Visa Fraud - U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana
    Cunning is I Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jun 23, 2009, 08:47 AM

Yeper scam scam scam. I AM Canadian and well this is just not so. There are rules and regulations regarding international laws. Why would a canadian risk it??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Visitor visa overstayer [ 1 Answers ]

My friend needs to travel from New Jersey to Nashville Tennessee via the Greyhound bus. Can anyone say what are the requirements if any? She was told that she needs a valid id with valid time to remain in the country. She does have a valid passport but there is no valid time for her to remain in...

Visitor Visa UK with a criminal record [ 1 Answers ]

I have a DUI charge and need to visit the UK for 2 reasons next year the first for a two week business trip and the second for two weeks for my sisters wedding. I see the Visa form asks you to declare records - will they refuse me a visa?

Visitor Visa denied [ 1 Answers ]

My parents applied for a visitor visa to attend my brother's graduation. Both sons are here in the US. My dad is employed and had proof of employment, bank accounts, property in kenya and grandchildren and an old mother who stays with them. They were denied the visa because I had applied for the DV...

Visitor visa [ 1 Answers ]

:D Is it best to wait to apply for visa at the port of entry in the country I'm visiting? Or Is it best to apply for visit before I leave? It's so time consuming!

View more questions Search