Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patricia77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2011, 01:43 AM
    Difficulty by talking and nderstanding
    HI
    My name's pia I have a 3 and 1/2 year old boy who seems have so much difficulty to express and talk fluently like all other kids from his age and even younger,plus that he doesn't understand everything ,because sometimes I have too much difficulty to make him do what I want or to understand what I'm trying to tell him ,everybody tells me that it's not a pb and he will talk one day like everybody else ,even thought I'm still anxious specially that he is not understanding everything,I even tried to teach him colors and shapes and he still mix between the colors he can't remember wish one is red and wish one is green or whatever,*** I need an advice to know how to deal with the situation.thx
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 8, 2011, 05:07 AM
    You don't have a pediatrician? Where do you live? First thing to check is hearing. Leave the room so he can't see your lips and ask in a quiet voice if he wants a cookie. But really, ask his doctor if you live in the US or a country with good medical care. Answer below where you are.
    patricia77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2011, 10:11 AM
    We live in Lebanon and we do have a good medical care, bt it's so expensive and can't afford it,plus that he doesn't have hearing pb,now he is much better than before the pb that his progress is so slow,I always try to teach him new words,all I need is to learn new techniques that can help him to progress much faster .:) and thanks I appreciate your care.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 30, 2011, 05:54 AM
    There are stories about brilliant people like Einstein who supposedly seemed slow as toddlers. I have a friend who went to MIT; his mother's doctor told her that he was retarded because he couldn't sit up.

Yours may be color blind. He may be dyslexic. (He may be thinking deep analytical thoughts about what he is observing?)

Fast or slow development doesn't indicate what the future holds. Children pick up every word they hear without instruction. How well does he interact with other children his age?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difficulty Moving On [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. So, my boyfriend and I were together for a year and a few months ago we got a flat together, however, I found it hard settling in and due to some self esteem issues I was putting pressure on us so thought going home would be better for us in the long run. Once I left he decided he didn't...

Difficulty having an orgasims [ 6 Answers ]

I sometimes have difficulty having an orgasm every time when I have sex. I can reach to climax but I can't get I guess you would say over the hump. LOL Its not that my boyfriend doesn't stimulate me, he is a great lover. We have tried different things such as, oral, fingering, vibrater, different...

Difficulty starting up [ 0 Answers ]

Hi Experts, Yesterday my 1978 merc 280se (w116) would not start for an hour before finally turning over. The car has been recently restored after sitting still for 15 years. I know all the spark plugs and the HT leads were all replaced and are new. When testing with an earthed screwdriver...

Difficulty in booting [ 1 Answers ]

I am using windows XP sp3. Last week suddenly my system stopped booting. Everything on the system was updated.Virus,programs updates. When I start the boot, it says boot from CD then nothing comes for hours. Then I tried changing the boot from prefernce to hard disk.it didn't help. Then I changed...

I like a girl who I've been talking to her and she's talking to her ex a lot [ 7 Answers ]

I have been talking to the girl down my block and we have been talking a lot and I like her I visited her school today because a lot of my friends go there and they all saw her talking to him a lot throughout the day and I asked her about it and she said "we're not together right now haha" is this...

View more questions Search