Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    markpettigrew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2004, 06:39 AM
    Unusual blinking
    Our daughter is 3 and a half years old, and just a couple of weeks ago, she has started to have this unusual blinking. When she blinks sometimes, she really scrunches her eyes, sort of in an exaggerated way, using a lot of facial movement. Could this be her straining to see, or is this the beginnings of a tic, or is this just a behavioural thing? No evidence of any of this in either my wife's or my family.
    chrisgower Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 27, 2004, 09:07 AM
    Re: unusual blinking
    Dear Mark,

Though I am unqualified to comment, I thought I would say that I had a similar complaint when I was a child. It turned out to be a nervous reaction.

Chris.
    Cossack Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2005, 02:24 PM
    Hey. I had that very same problem 2 years ago.
    Don't worry.
    My parents are both doctors, however my mom had no idea what this might be, although she's an ophthalmologist. We visited all the docotrs we could - we thought it could be anything from bad vision to psychological abnormalities.
    I even had my brain checked. Sheesh.
    I don't have that problem anymore.
    See, I used to wake up at 7 am and go to sleep at 2 am. I was a freaking busy student. I studied alla time.
    But anyway - she's not having enough sleep or she is just watching too much of TV or something like that. Try getting her like baths with pine scent in them. Buy some herbs that kind of calm down. You know, let her sleep more. Be gentle.
    See if this helps. If in 2-3 weeks there is no change - then you should visit a neurologist or maybe just a pediatrician. They'll recommend same thing I just did, but heck who knows.
    P.S. This might sound weird but look - I haven't been getting enough sleep last week and yesterday I've slept for only about 5 hours - now I'm blinking like that again. Imagine how sensitive her young organism is.
    Good Luck.
    MvKeeper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2005, 08:37 PM
    I am 17 years old and I have people ask me all the time why I blink funny sometimes. I do exactly like you said, I guess you could call it squinting when I blink I crunch my cheeks up and my eye brows down. I have come to notice that I do this when I am extreamly tired although from the post before me it could also have something to do with nerves or stress.
    lil miss vixen Posts: 49, Reputation: 0

Jul 29, 2005, 08:30 PM
    I don't want to scare you,but my uncle does that too, he used to do that before he got red fever, which resulted in him getting epilepsy. Now that he is on epilepsy pills the blinking has stopped, but my grandma was a nurse, and when jim (my uncle) started blinking like that she took him straight to the hospital, and it was early simptims of epilepsy. Sorry to scare you. But I would go to a doctor and check it out best of luck.
    Little miss vixen
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2005, 06:44 AM
    Blinking
    Hi,
    I agree with seeing a doctor if this doesn't stop in a couple of weeks.
    It could be anything, as others say, from nevousness, to a nerve, to an eye problem itself.
    Please see a doctor; don't take any chances, might not be anything, or could be something that finding out now would be a lot better.
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unusual bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 30 year old woman and newly married.Usually my periods comes on time and never gave me a trouble.I got my last period on August 21st and it last for about 6-7 days.Then I had few intercourses with my husband and we never used any protection.Yesterday (2nd September)he ejaculated in me and...

Unusual cat behavior [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old female tabby cat that is and always has been a loving cat. She lives with us on 6 acres partially wooded. She came in the house after being out for a few hours. She started acting strangely in way of getting up and down out of my lap - meowing very loudly and very suddenly...

Unusual spotting [ 11 Answers ]

I have been spotting since July 1st off and on my period is due this week still hasn't shown up I went to the docs yesterday had a urine test it came up negative I have to go back Friday for a ultra sound and a pelvic exam but I think 12 days of spotting is very odd I have never spotted that long...

Unusual divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am in a very unusual situation, I've currently been separated for almost 8months now and I have a no contact with the wife and the children. The court in the temporary hearing said I was to pay alimony on top of child support but there isn't anything stateing alimony but is being withheld...

Unusual Washer Overflow [ 12 Answers ]

OK Im stumped. My washer is overflowing out of the drain pipe. I have snaked (30' worth) down the washer vent and down the sink vent. The unusual bit is it doesn't overflow all of the time. I can run 2 rinses in a row to try and make it overflow and it won't but my wife called today and said it...

View more questions Search