Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2006, 11:15 PM
    Heil blower problems
    My sister has a Heil Comfortmaker 10. If the furnace has been off for awhile the blower motor works fine, but sometimes when the furnane kicks on the motor will only hum and when not blow even turned to on. I spinned the wheel but it still won't start. It will just set there and hum. The motor has a capacitor hooked to it. Would it be the motor since turning it will not make it start or can the capacitor be bad? I don't think it is the relay becauses the motor hums. Any help would be greatly appreciated since she is on a very limited budget.
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Oct 28, 2006, 06:15 AM
    Normally if you spin the motor and it starts then it's the capacitor. If it doesn't start then it's the motor.
    Most motors have 3 speeds. Make sure the motor is only getting power at ONE speed at a time.
    Also make sure the motor spins freely and is not stiff when you turn it.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2006, 06:27 AM
    Does the motor spin freely, even when power is supplied to it? The bearings may have gone bad causing the rotor and stator to touch each other. Only when the magnetic field is generated will the stator pull the rotor into it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C Blower Problems [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying simply to find the schematics for a Snyder General A/C-furnace blower. Apparently the company has changed hands several time since this unit was installed. The Blower is a model # DEBA010G... All I want to do is make sure that this blower is wired on High. Thanks!

Ariens old snow blower with problems! [ 4 Answers ]

Well my friends gave me an older my guess is 1980s snow blower with and 8 horse power motor, it did not run my guess was the carb,took it apart sprayed the holes and got as much junk out of the tank as I could put it back on and did not fire up it tried but there was not gas coming into the...

Heil gas furnace won't blow [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Heil heat/air gas pack(forced air) unit. It's about 20 years old, but it's been a great one. When I flip the t-stat to HEAT and AUTO I hear the unit outside firing up and I can see heat rising out of the vent, but the blower won't come on to push heat inside my house. When I turn the...

Blower motor problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I came home last night to find my ac had stopped working. The ac unit runs fine but the blower motor had stopped. I shut the system down and waited till the next day and tried it again. It worked great for about 3 or 4 minutes and then stopped again. The ac unit works but the blower motor...

View more questions Search