Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Jun 2, 2017, 05:53 AM
    Husband Gets Caught, Flies The Coup / Give & Take Begins..
    I'm Third Party, Not Even a Fly on the Wall.. Husband gets Caught , Flies The Coop (Can't say Abandons because that term is Interpretated differently).. He has not given any Financial Support except for maybe twice at Christmas Time to Buy a couple Presents and that was like Pulling Hen's Teeth since He left 4 yrs ago.. Wife was a Stay @ Home Mother back then, But has now Re Entered the Workforce to Support her now Teenage Children and Herself.. The Cost of a Lawyer or even having Papers Served is rather prohibitive considering Survival otherwise.. Husband & Wife do contact each other every so often , Once the Dust settles some attempt to bring Closer. Is made... Lately Husband has agreed to File for Divorce and has obtained the Services of a Local Lawyer... Husband lives out somewhere on the Left Coast (Canadian Law btw) He has taken up with Another Woman and has Fathered 2 Children by this Woman.. My Question as the Beginning of the Back & Forth / Give & Take has begun.. Husband has pulled an Unrealistic amount for Monthly Support for Two Children out of his Hat.. Wife has asked for Retroactive Child Support, Wife has done some research and found that the average Child Support payments are 3 times what he has offered.. Now this is where I believe Husband is Blowing Smoke.. Through his Lawyer " If Wife Pushes for Retroactive Child Support Payments, He'll Sue for Spousal Support".. Can He?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 2, 2017, 07:19 AM
    He has filed for child support regarding the 2 children that are not his estranged wife's children?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 2, 2017, 09:17 AM
    Retroactive Child support is rare. We we need to know what province the divorce was filed in to see what the law is. Given the circumstances I doubt if a court would consider spousal support for him either.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 2, 2017, 09:24 AM
    This is where your own legal counsel is invaluable. I know, who has money for such a thing? Stop and think, he has one and can run rings around you and what you don't know. They can wear you down and out. They can say and do whatever they please, and are doing so. How old are YOUR kids, and why have you NOT gotten a court ordered child support, and maintenance plan for yourself, that includes visitations? It's no excuse you have allowed him to play these emotional games and threatened you with custody, support or anything else and if you had a legal counsel you would have been told that already.

Do you even know what a lawyer will cost you? You have a job now, so don't tell yourself how helpless you are, find a way to squeeze this into your budget, like you would if your car broke down, or your water heater busted. It matter little what he says now, as YOU have to have a plan on your side that works for you, as his works for him. Do you really think you can survive giving him what he wants while you, or your kids get nothing? You have wasted 4 years already following his program, now get one of your own.

So tell me why you didn't file for child support when he first left? Never mind, do so now, it's just a filing fee, and any clerk at your family court house can show you where the forms are.

Get that lawyer, or face a ruling that doesn't work for you. Is that simple enough to decide how to SURVIVE!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 3, 2017, 10:14 AM
    Has anything actually been filed yet at this point or is this just some process they are going through before filing ?
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Jun 5, 2017, 02:49 PM
    @ cdad.. As I Said , I'm Third Party Observer for lack of Better Words.. Husband has Obtained the Services of a Local Lawyer who had already Sent a Letter to which Wife has Replied.. Basically Wife's Reply was an Indicator where this was going to go, If you will.. It was the 2nd Salvo sent through his Lawyer that has me Wondering just where can Husband go with that or is he just Blowing Smoke is all..

@ talaniman... Absolutely , Unfortunately any extra Funds are Limited..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband caught up with old girlfriends [ 5 Answers ]

Facebook is the worst invention on the planet for hearing from PPL left in the past. Now my husband has heard from three ex-girlfriends. The first and most recent likes to tell him how much she misses and loves him still after almost eight years passing. The second, a girl from our teenage years,...

Husband caught cheating with his Cousin. [ 51 Answers ]

Need help. Last October, we had my husband's (orphaned, 18 yr old) cousin move in. Her mom passed 8yrs ago, dad passed this year. Both parents were heroin addicts, and she had been living with her aunt. Cousin got into a huge fight, was hit by the aunt, who in turn threw her out. From day one,...

Can you give me names of Famous oil painters whose name begins with S [ 1 Answers ]

I think the name is Spyro but I can not read the Hand writing for sure but someone with a similar spelling

I caught my husband masturbating [ 20 Answers ]

I walked into the bathroom this morning, a caught my husband masturbating, but he doesn’t know it. I feel so weird inside, and we haven’t really talked that much today. Why am I having a hard time with this? It’s just natural right? We have had a little drought in our sex life. It’s been about 2...

Cheating husband caught [ 6 Answers ]

Married for 41 yrs to a very successful man who traveled a lot and drank a lot. Suspected he had had an affair in the past but chose to ignore. Recently discovered phone calls to several unknown numbers. After confrontation, he admitted having a couple of 'one night stands' and an intermittent 2...

View more questions Search