Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spaulding Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Commercial Cleaning bids
    I've got to bid on an 288,000 sq. ft. multy location business and I don't know how to come up with my figure. Can someone Help me
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 3, 2007, 04:49 PM
    How long have you been in the business to get a bid like that ? Why did you get on the bidding list if you have no idea on how to determine a figure ? Lots of questions, but I think you should know by doing a walk through of the location and just what is involved such as vacuuming, how many washrooms, dusting takes the most time, are there any floors to wash and wax, etc.

Jun 6, 2007, 08:22 PM
    I called a bank asking about cleaning to the branches and I was directed to a guy who said they had someone to clean but, needed someone to clean the corporate facilities. I said okay did a walk through wrote everything down w/ my partner.We been in business for quite sometime now but never anything of this mass yet.

I think after reviewing everything I just got scared of the "money" part. Wondering if the bid was too much or too little, so I was really looking for some advice to reassure myself and also, to make sure I was prepared to handle a bid this big. Thank you so much for responding. I've completed my proposal and delivered so now I just have to wait.
    HBF Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Jun 26, 2007, 05:55 AM
    Try asking your question on the following message boards for cleaners:

http://independent-cleaners-bb.com/
    International Janitorial Cleaning Services Association - IJCSA - Home

They are both free and are a great resource to all types of cleaners.

Stacy
    Start Your Own Small Business With Professional Business Forms And Support - Home
    Marathonman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spaulding
    I've got to bid on an 288,000 sq. ft. multy location business and i don't know how to come up with my figure. Can someone Help me
    Figure your monthly rate at .08 cents per square foot and you maybe in the ballpark.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2007, 06:35 AM
    Hello:

A square footage price is exactly what you need to come up with. The only thing lacking in Marathonmans advice, is how many cleanings per month.

excon

Jul 2, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello:

A square footage price is exactly what you need to come up with. The only thing lacking in Marathonmans advice, is how many cleanings per month.

excon

Thank you for the help. We completed our propasal. The only problem on a 5 day clean for offices or banks is charging by the hour or by the sq. ft.. What is best in your opinion?

Natalie
    HBF Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Jul 3, 2007, 04:37 AM
    It doesn't matter really. The customer just wants to bottom line. You need to figure what you need to make a profit at the end of the day after all your expenses. Most times, large commercial is done per square foot and small is done per hour.

Jul 3, 2007, 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HBF
    It doesn't matter really. The customer just wants to bottom line. You need to figure what you need to make a profit at the end of the day after all your expenses. Most times, large commercial is done per square foot and small is done per hour.

I know I should charge large commercial by sq. ft. but when I do I come up with a large sum and don't know if that sum is for the month or year so... can you point me in the right direction? Thank you by the way
    Greenfire Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 03:26 PM
    How do you know if you are being competitive? Even if you call other companies they don't tell you how they come up with their figures...
    Greenfire Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Also if you have the sq ft. how much should you charge per sq ft.

Jul 13, 2007, 07:27 PM
    I really don't know if we are being competitive, sometimes I'd like to be. What I do know is that usually we have a price in mind depending on the job presented. When your honest, dependable, and deliver what your services are and beyond you don't have to be that competitive, they want you because you do what you say and your good at it. Although there are some people who want the competitive price, but they might just get less competitive work.

On the per sq. ft. thing... that depends on what your doing and the location you are in. the going rate ( don't quote me please) for my area is .15 to .35 construction or commercial. Floor maintenace? 12 and^ to strip, 12 and ^ to wax with 3 to 4 coats and sealer. The should go up when working with small areas so you at least don't under. Favors are for friends business is business

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial cleaning bidding [ 5 Answers ]

When bidding on cleaning contracts how do you determine how much you charge (per square foot)? You want to be the lowest but not so low that you're working for free

How to start a commercial cleaning businss? [ 2 Answers ]

I have experience in the cleaning end, but do not know how to start on my own. Do I need to be licenced and insured to start? How and where do I do this?

New cleaning service bids [ 5 Answers ]

I have just started an office cleaning business. I already have one client who wants bids on several locations. I don't have time to wait for a book to arrive in the mail to get advise! I need help ASAP!! If you can help, I would be soooo grateful- thank you, vvj

Heating/cooling bids driving me crazy [ 12 Answers ]

OK, Just when I thought that my mind was made up, someone throws me a curve ball. I have interviewed 5 vendors for a two stage 80% and 90% efficiency system. Then today I learn that if I go with a 2 stage system that I have to line my chimney, :eek: none of the other venders said anything...

Tv commercial [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know who the artist is of the song about the diamond necklace commercial "How can I tell you I love you" I am always thinking of you"

View more questions Search