Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CourtneyBrigid Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 08:38 PM
    What's Up With His Mixed Signals
    Ok so this guy I have been talking to for a while says he really likes me, gives me romantic and playful hugs, and he always invites me over to watch movies on his couch together and cuddle... and he said the only reason he isn't dating me right now is because his best friend has a major crush on me, I don't like him what so ever. ( I no for a fact he does have a crush on me)
    But it seems that whenever his any friends are around he acts like a jerk. He's becomes very stand-offish and very short with all of his answers...
    What's going on here?:confused:
    Illusion Posts: 195, Reputation: 33

May 21, 2007, 09:15 PM
    It sounds like he is trying to keep other people from knowing he likes you. He is pushing you away because of some reason. You might want to ask him about this whenever you have a chance to be alone with him again.
    jeniffer Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 11:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyBrigid
    Ok so this guy i have been talking to for a while says he really likes me, gives me romantic and playful hugs, and he always invites me over to watch movies on his couch together and cuddle....and he said the only reason he isnt dating me right now is because his best friend has a major crush on me, i dont like him what so ever. ( i no for a fact he does have a crush on me)
    but it seems that whenever his any friends are around he acts like a jerk. hes becomes very stand-offish and very short with all of his answers...
    whats going on here?:confused:
    If he is acting like a jerk (when he is in front of his friends) to you and treating you disrespectfully as a consequence of his behavior that's not cool or even acceptable. If a guy cares for you he cares for you wherever he is and whoever he is with. Being invited over for a movie doesn't sound not as cool or respectful as being taken to dinner and then out to a movie instead.
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 22, 2007, 02:13 AM
    It sounds like he is trying not to step on his mates toes, he knows his friend likes you, but after saying that, you are not dating his friend, you are free, so he should be a man and treat you with respect.
    Just tell him you don't appreciate his change in character when his mates are around, see what he says.
    InTheArmsOfGod Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

May 22, 2007, 11:21 AM
    LOL, is his friend bigger than him? If not, then I don't understand why he's beating around the bush with you just for the sake of friendship.

Wait a minute, did I just really type that?

To be honest, some guys will protect their friends so as not to see them get hurt. It's only because he's probably known them longer than he's known you. I think you should confront him about this and give him an ultimatum. You ultimately have to have self respect for yourself to the point where you are not going to continue to allow him to dog you in front of his friends just because of some stupid guy codes.

As a guy who has participated in this "code", I'll just say that I've been burned both ways and it just isn't worth it. If the two of you make a good couple, then that's the way it should be and nothing else.
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

May 22, 2007, 11:23 AM
    I agree with the other answers.

He might not want people to know that he does like you because he is concerned for his friends feelings.
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

May 22, 2007, 06:54 PM
    I'm just trying to state some hypothesis here, trying to make sense of this guy.

He doesn't know what he wants and he's not honest. He likes you... He likes you not...
    He's maybe afraid he'll lose his friends if they find out he likes you. He doesn't know how to handle the situation. He seems immature.

Does he know you like him too? Do you really like him? Why not make this clear with him? Maybe he doesn't want to feel 'bad' because he likes you and you don't like him.

How old are you guys by the way?
    CourtneyBrigid Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Well he's 17 I'm 16.
    And he knows for sure that I like him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mixed signals [ 6 Answers ]

After playing hot and cold with me, my b/f with whom I broke up coupla months back and then asked him to come back, have been sending messages like OK, let's meet for 1 hr or so to spend some time in a motel... what is he doing?. I mean he could've asked me out for lunch if he wished to really...

Mixed Signals from an Ex With a New Girlfriend [ 1 Answers ]

Here's the long story short.. after being together for almost 2 years my boyfriend broke up with me 4 months ago at the beginning of junior year of high school saying he doesn't want to be in a relationship right now and needs a break. We remained good friends and I gave him space. Things started...

View more questions Search