Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    interinfinity Posts: 142, Reputation: 8

Aug 14, 2008, 08:57 PM
    Bad stomach problems and loss of appetite?
    I have been having bad stomach problems all my life. It is to the point where every time I eat I feel sick. I have gone to the dr. several times and they say I do not have anything wrong with my digestive tract or stomach. I also come up very healthy on all the general blood work they do to screen for problems that could cause loss of appetite. I take a medication called remeron to help with the appetite, but it is a psych med and is too strong for me. I also used to smoke marijuana to make me feel better, but I'm too old to be hanging out with the types of people who smoke weed and I prefer to live a clean and sober life style, although I do admit it did used to help me with the symptoms.

What are some natural remedies I could use to increase my appetite so I can gain weight, and possibly soothe my stomach so I don't always feel like throwing up? I weigh 130 lbs and I'm a 5'10 male and almost 30 years old.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 09:12 PM
    Try digestive enzymes and probiotics I know you can take the digestive enzymes with anything but I think the probiotics might have a precaution.

Also notice what you are eating and see if you can connect any of that with what makes your nausea worse than others.

B vitamins will increase your appetite too. It is best to take them in the morning after you eat.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2008, 06:39 PM
    Are you lactose intolerant by chance? Try cutting out milk, cheese for a week and see if your symptoms go away. Usually someone who is allergic to something actually will crave that food. My son when he was a baby was lactose intolerant. If he had milk or cheese (which he craved by the way) he would get very ill. After we found out about his lactose intolerance and treated his whole milk with Lactaid drops he could drink milk. You just might benefit from this treatment as well. You can get Lactaid drops at the pharmacy with no prescription needed and add the drops to a gallon of milk. I had started with about 20 drops per gallon for my son. Then every month I would decrease the amount of drops per gallon of milk. It took about 2 1/2 years to get down to the point where he would not have to have the Lactaid drops and could drink a glass of milk normally.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Have you had an Endoscopy?. just to show there's no stomach ulcer or inflammation of the stomach lining.
    Scared gota dui Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 02:28 PM

Regardless that is actually one of the few legitimate reasons people use medicinal marijuana. Don't hate on me for suggesting this you ask a question, and I'm giving you my answer. Also, stomach ulcers, if you have them I mean, is also another legitimate reason.
    missteetee Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Oct 28, 2008, 12:03 AM

Try an oxygen colon cleanser

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stomach what loss [ 1 Answers ]

I want to lose weight on my stomach, I'm not over weight too much but out of shape. Being a university student I don't have much mony to join the gym. Please can any one help me please. Thanks so much.:(

Loss of appetite and lethargic [ 1 Answers ]

My cat who was just neutered and declawed on Thursday October 18, 2007, has since had a total loss of appetite and sleeps 23 hours a day. She was released from the vet 2 days after surgery and was given Amoxicillin and Torbugesic for pain. After she was home for a day is when she seemed to start...

Loss of Appetite and vomiting in cats [ 9 Answers ]

My cats does not want to eat or drink anything, and allof the tests arecoming back normal and negative. Does anyone know what this could be need help asap

My puppy is losing weight and loss of appetite! [ 2 Answers ]

I have thirteen week old black lab. He was always a big chunk and a big eater. Three days ago my girlfriend found him by the washer drinking the water leaking from hot water heater and washing machine. ( could have had soap, fabric softner and lint and dirt) The last two days his appetite is...

Loss of appetite [ 1 Answers ]

My 9 y/o Dalmatian has recently stopped eating her food. She drinks a lot of water. She has been eating cat droppings from a litter box and I recently gave her a dewormer. Could she have an upset stomach from the cat's poop and litter or is there something more wrong?

View more questions Search