Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrokenHeartsDontMend Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2006, 01:09 PM
    Help... Obsessed and Depressed
    Last year I had this teacher that I have thought about everyday since I met her. No I'm not gay and I'm not attracted to her in a sexual way, but don't know why I can't stop thinking about her. I started dreaming about her and now its nothing new. She moved away about 9 months ago and I still haven't gone a day without thinking about her... we keep in touch through email but I haven't received one from her in a while. I've tried not to show how much I am obsessed with her and I think she still doesn't know... her nor anyone else. I need help. My whole revolves around her, from what I eat to the clothes I wear. Everything that has to do with her, I try to have also. I don't know what this feelings is and I need help! What am I going through??

-broken-hearts-dont-mend
    mrs.pennell Posts: 132, Reputation: 21

Jan 21, 2006, 11:25 PM
    It sounds to me like you found a person that you really connected with. That doesn't mean that you are gay or that there is anything wrong with you. Unfortunately you haven't talked to her in a while and clearly that is upsetting you. You would be surprised how many students this can happen too. I have taught in a high school for a few years and I am in my twenties. I don't look much older than the students I teach. I have had many experiences with students that want to build friendships with me, they want to know how I spend my spare time. What music do I listen to, what clothes do I like, all kinds of stuff like that. I think it results from just being listened to. A teacher is a person who won't judge you (hopefully) and wants to help you, in school and in life. I made many special bonds with students of mine. You will eventually feel better about missing this special person. And hopefully you will find these qualities in another person. Time heals all wounds and this too will pass.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Am I obsessed? [ 60 Answers ]

I woke up today full of anxiety and just a general feeling of fear and I think its because I have a feeling that my boyfriend is cheating on me because he's been acting differently lately. He's not as interested in sex as he used to be and he doesn't seem to want to talk to me or be with me as...

Please help me very depressed! [ 11 Answers ]

Believe this it's the short version but doesn't appear that way: Adult son moved away and did not come and say goodbye to me. He has never done this to me ever. And he has moved away from here many times before. I would not lend him money this time! He is a son from my first marriage. No other...

OBSESSED he was with someone during breakup [ 7 Answers ]

Last summer after me and my boyfriend broke up during a big stupid drunken fight. We were broken up for 3 weeks and even though I had plenty of opportunities to date others, I never did because I pretty much figured we would get back together and I felt like it would be cheating even though we were...

Depressed dog [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my dog for about 2 years, he is a labrador crossed with a staff, and is usually a happy dog. Recently my little bro bought a kitten, since the kitten has been in the house, the dog seems sort of depressed. I know it sounds stupid, but when I look at his, he just looks really sad. I've...

Help, I'm obsessed! [ 2 Answers ]

If ANYONE can help me, PLEASE do so! I had braces for seven years. It's been three years since I had them taken off, and it has totally reshaped my mouth. Now, I have very crooked lips. My corners just don't line up anymore. So, for the past three years, needless to say, I have had to "reshape" my...

View more questions Search