Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Invertedskiking Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 01:45 PM
    1999 Accord ignition switch replaced still dies
    My 1999 Accord suddenly dies when I'm driving... I just had the ignition switch replaced and it still dies. Any ideas about the problem? And fix?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2009, 02:18 PM

Replacing the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil should solve the problem:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 09:10 AM

Have a computer scan done to see if there are any codes stored. It could be the ICM, like tx pointed out, or it could be a bad crank sensor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1991 honda accord ignition switch [ 8 Answers ]

My ignition failed to turn anymore which proved to be the key lock going bad tried replacing with a new one from schucks but every time we do as it states you can only turn the key from positions 1-3 and not to the off position to remove the key. According to the instructions you put the lock in...

1999 Accord dies unexpectedly and won't restart [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. This problem has actually been happening for over a year, but was so infrequent in the beginning and has become more serious. I never know when it will die, so I avoid freeway driving, since the car could die, it is like a deathtrap. It is due for a tune-up... does anyone know if the main...

MY 1999 HONDA ACCORD LX ignition will not work [ 2 Answers ]

When I try to start my 1999 HONDA ACCORD LX SEDAN, I turn the key and it stars but as soon as let go of the key, it dies. If I turn the key and press the gas pedal a little it will start and stay on as long as I keep the key all the way on - As soon as I let go of the key, it dies. This problem is...

View more questions Search