Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tookietay Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2011, 03:13 PM
    15 yo wants to live with sister
    I am 15 too... and want to live with my sister,, what should I do??

Mar 15, 2011, 03:34 PM
    Helpppp!!
    Im 15 years old living in alpharetta georgia. I am currently trying to find a way to live with my sister. I would really appreciate if some one could please help try to figure out a way to live with my sis. My parents are divorced and i live with my mom. My mom is ok with me living with my sister but my dad is not . Soooooooo pleaseeeee help me :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 15, 2011, 03:45 PM

First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Second, we need to know a lot more info. How old is your sister, does she want you? What about your parents, why do you want to leave them. ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

But unless you are in danger in your current situation, it is highly unlikely a court will allow this.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 15, 2011, 03:46 PM

How old is your sister?

Mar 15, 2011, 03:55 PM

I've merged your threads, please ask your question once in the future. Please use the Answer options below to add follow-up info or questions.

This posts answers some of our questions, but we still need to know WHY you want to live with your sister, how old she is and whether your father has joint legal custody.

Mar 15, 2011, 04:52 PM

With 2 kids and a fiancé

She is 20, with 2 kids and a fiancé. I want to leave my parents because I'm more comfertable at my sisters. My grade have improved when I stayed with my sister for 2 weeks. And yes she wants me.

Mar 15, 2011, 04:56 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    My dad has me every other weekend but I haven't gone in 2 months. She is 20 with 2 kids and a fiancé. And I feel more comfertable at my sisters house.

Mar 15, 2011, 05:18 PM

Your sister will have to go to court and apply for guardianship. But a 20 yr old with 2 kids and unmarried may not be looked at as a proper role model.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2011, 05:22 PM

Yes, first your mom will have to give permission, but your dad will also, Your dad would have a right to ask for you to live with him full time and change custody if you were not with your mom.

Next why are you not going to your dad's, if he wants you and you just don't go, he could take your mom to court for contempt, even have her arrested or at least fined.

Is your dad paying support ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting Custody of my live-in 16 year old Sister [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I am 24 years old, and I am the "de facto custodian" of my 15 (almost 16) year old sister. She has been living with me in my apartment since October 2006. I provide her shelter, transportation, food, clothing, everything. I receive $25/mo from our mother to go towards a gym...

I live with my sister in NY, [ 2 Answers ]

I lived here for almost 2 years, I pay her rent, never missing a month, no lease, I sleep in the basement, now she wants me out. Do I have any legal rights?

My kids want to live with their sister instead of their father and their ages are 12 [ 8 Answers ]

My kids are 11 and 12 do they have any say in court

Sister wants to live with us. [ 5 Answers ]

My 14 year old sister send me an email asking if she can come live with us for her grade 10, 11, and 12 high school years. And I thank god she asked before she just showed up. She has been thinking about this for a while now, but never said anything for sure. Her dominant reason for wanting...

View more questions Search