Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kiefyy Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 04:28 PM
    Shoplifting charges
    I live in Colorado, now in the city of greeley, and I recently got two shoplifting tickets, and a MIP [minor in possesion] for stealing liquor from a store.

Me and a krew got away the first time, but the second time I got caught, and then got written up for the first time, because they figured out it was us both times.

The first ticket is for the second theft, and just a shoplifting charge
    The second ticket is for the first time we stole, and for shoplifting and the MIP because we got away.

So I'm wondering, does anyone know how much the first and the second ticket would cost me in Colorado? Because I need a rough estimate of how much money I need to get before I go to court.

And my record isn't that perfect either, but nothing very major.

Please let me know

Nov 22, 2008, 05:05 PM

Thanks s, this is the worst help search engine ever

Period
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2008, 05:22 PM

You misunderstand how this works, this is not a search engine if you want a search engire go to Google or Yahoo.

This is a expert site with people who will over the next few days come and look at your question and give you a answer.

The experts here are not paid but do this on their own time, So they may be out to dinner, alseep or at work or in a high speed police chase.

Wanting an answer in 35 minutes shows you did not read anything about the site before posting.

So yes this is a very poor search engine but it is the best question and answer site in the world.

You can expet up to 90 days in jail, most likely suspended and put on probation for one year. I would expertt a fine of about 800 dollars total.

You really need an attorney, often they can work these down, but you don't seem concerned first over being caught and second that you will have a record the rest of your lfie.

Nov 30, 2008, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    You misunderstand how this works, this is not a search engine if you want a search engire go to google or yahoo.

This is a expert site with people who will over the next few days come and look at your question and give you a answer.

The experts here are not paid but do this on thier own time, So they may be out to dinner, alseep or at work or in a high speed police chase.

Wanting an answer in 35 minutes shows you did not read anything about the site before posting.

So yes this is a very poor search engine but it is the best question and answer site in the world.

you can expet up to 90 days in jail, most likely suspended and put on probation for one year. I would expertt a fine of about 800 dollars total.

You really need an attorney, often they can work these down, but you don't seem concerned first over being caught and second that you will have a record the rest of your lfie.
    Yes I understand how the website works, "search engine" was a bad choice of words.
    Well I expect a high fine, and maybe some community service, but no jail time, and definitely not jail time... I mean jail time for shoplifting? Nahh
    As for it being on my record, yes I relize this, this isn't the first time something would be on my record. And FYI your record erases itself after 5 or 10 years.. not for life

But yes, thank you for being the first and only post on my blog. Your information is helpful, although misguided
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2008, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kiefyy View Post
    yes i understand how the website works, "search engine" was a bad choice of words.
    Well i expect a high fine, and maybe some community service, but no jail time, and definatly not jail time... I mean jail time for shoplifting? Nahh
    as for it being on my record, yes i relize this, this isnt the first time something would be on my record. And fyi your record erases itself after 5 or 10 years.. Not for life

but yes, thankyou for being the first and only post on my blog. Your information is helpful, although misguided

FYI - you're wrong. I do background checks all the time. Records most definitely do not "erase" themselves after 5 or 10 years.

And in the misguided category - this is neither a search engine nor a blog.

Dec 4, 2008, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    FYI - you're wrong. I do background checks all the time. Records most definitely do not "erase" themselves after 5 or 10 years.

And in the misguided category - this is neither a search engine nor a blog.
    All right, well it relates to other threads, so I thought ii would ask a question.
    I didn't mean to sound harsh, I just mis stated the original question.
    I was only wondering a rough estimate of the cost, I just moved to this area and I don't know the legal limits on some charges is all.

I don't need any real legal advice, I have already talked to people.

Jan 25, 2010, 05:15 PM
    I forgot about this thread, but in case anyone gets in a related situation, expect about $700 in fine's, and a year of probation,. I was recommended ankle monitor for 60days, but talked my way out of that

But all in all, weld county in the state of Colorado, does suck, I did not complete the probation and left the state.. never got any word of being in trouble for it..
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2010, 05:43 PM
    i forgot about this thread, but in case anyone gets in a related situation, expect about $700 in fine's, and a year of probation,.. i was recomended ankle monitor for 60days, but talked my way out of that

but all in all, weld county in the state of colorado, does suck, i did not complete the probation and left the state.. never got any word of being in trouble for it..
    I hate to be the one to burst your cute happy bubble but the part about you not completing the probation and leaving the state is definitely going to catch up to you when you least expect it. There probably is a bench warrant out for you due to the VOP. You will find this out when you are stopped in a traffic stop for instance and they run your name and the warrant comes up. And by the way, warrants never expire. Be prepared to confront this when you go to the DMV in any state to get or renew your driver's license. They will notify Colorado that they have you in custody and what does Colorado want to do with you. It's guaranteed to be lots of fun for about a week or so in jail while Colorado decides what to do with you.

Jan 25, 2010, 05:56 PM
    Nah, believe me, I've had more law contact, no troubles at all, as long as I don't get a ticket in weld county in Colorado "which i can't see how i could, with not being there" I'm OK
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2010, 10:40 AM
    nah, believe me, ive had more law contact, no troubles at all, as long as i dont get a ticket in weld county in colorado "which i can't see how i could, with not being there" im ok

That doesn't mean it won't pop up later. Keep us informed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoplifting in singapore,8 items,18sgd value,charges to court [ 2 Answers ]

I was caught shoplifting for 8 items,like bananas,apples,such for total of 18sgd Now that I am sued for charges,first time offender,go to court,is there any posibility I will not be convicted on court? Thanks,I am dying these two days

Shoplifting charges dropped [ 5 Answers ]

If you're arrested for shoplifting and when you go to court the charges are dropped, do the records still show or come up in the system as you having a criminal record? Will the fingerprints taken still have an affect on getting a job when the court ended up giving a warning instead?

Can they ban you for shoplifting [ 21 Answers ]

My daughter got caught for shoplifting. No charges were laid and the cops are not involved. However they did ban her from the mall for a year. Can they do that? The same person or persons that own this mall also own another fairly large mall and a strip mall area and she has been banned from these...

2 shoplifting charges 10 yrs ago, will I get denied [ 5 Answers ]

Almost 10 years ago, as a single mother of my baby boy, I shoplifted some things for him with a friend. I got caught and had to go to court and pay fines. Shortly thereafter(Oct. 1997), I did it once more, had to go to court again, pay fines and go to a 8 hr course at the local jail. I never...

Shoplifting charges [ 2 Answers ]

Hello This is my story : Yesterday evening I went to a supermarket and I bought a sandwich, a soda, a carspray, a loaf of bread and a cheesecake. I went to my car and clipped a coupon from the cheesecake. That coupon was good for 2 $ and the discounted price of the cake was 1.99 so...

View more questions Search