Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wmlawsr Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Nov 7, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Multimedia audio controller
    I have a micron 920i; 3gb ram;xp pro,sp2; sound blaster audio processor (wdm), sound blaster audigy 2, DR release 1.4.2.
    Problem: I was getting static when trying to play music--with windows media player, realplayer, itunes, etc. Soon after I just lost all sound. Power is going to the speakers
    The system device manager shows (?) at multimedia Audio Controller. It stated that there was no driver installed, but it could not find one in XP. I put the sound card cd received with the computer in the CD drive but could not get the computer to find a driver there either. I downloaded and installed a complete new creative audigy program, but still no help. I don't know why the new download from Creative did not place the driver where it was needed.
    I don't know where the trouble is or just what to do now.
    Please help
    Thanks Bill
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2007, 06:59 PM
    You will have to find the drivers for your soundcard online if you have an aftermarket sound card like soundblaster. If you do not have an aftermarket card you can download from SnapFiles - software reviews, download freeware and free trial programs, and that will tell you all about your system. If you do not have an after market sound card, you will have to go to the manufacturer of your motherboard and download the drivers from them. That might really be what you are missing.
    Let me know how it turns out.
    wmlawsr Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Nov 10, 2007, 07:41 AM
    Thanks for the help.
    I have just finished 2 days of fiddling with this computer. For some reason my sound went out--no obvious cause. After checking the speakers c a boom box, taking out and reinserting the sound card, checking the net ad nausem, I finally got on the Creative site and downloaded a 40 mb sound driver, then installed it; but still no sound. Then I carefully followed their instructions, this time uninstalling the whole program --on rebooting I had sound! And I had the right files! Apparently the uninstall got rid of the old files but left the new ones intact. I have to assume that the old files contained a corrupted driver file. I thought this was interesting, so will pass it on.
    Bill

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multimedia Audio Controller /REALTEK AC'97 Audio [ 10 Answers ]

Hi - it appears that the multimedia audio controller problem that I had has now morphed into a REALTEK AC'97 Audio problem. I loaded a driver for the mother board to fix the MAC problem after helpful folks assisted me in getting the specs on the motherboard (ECS PS45A/DX+1.0 if it makes a...

Multimedia Audio Controller [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am missing my multimedia audio controller on my computer. I built this computer 3 years ago with XP Pro SP2 (build 2600), an asus P4P800-E Deluxe motherboard, sound blaster audigy card, RADEON 9800 PRO video card. I don't know what else you need to know, but I was wondering what or...

LIke someone else I think I have deleted this on my laptop. I was trying to clean up things cause my computer was so slow and now I have no sounds. There is a yellow flag on the multi media devices and when I go into the Audio& Sounds it says I don't have a multimedia driver?? Don't know where to...

Multimedia Audio Controller [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find out what motherboard I have so I can find the correct multimedia controller driver? My hard drive crashed and after reinstalling I keep getting this error message and naturally I do not have sound.

Yellow Asterisk Shows Up On Multimedia Audio Controller Card And Video Controller Card What Steps Do I Take To Remove Them

View more questions Search