Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanmugam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 07:44 AM
    The CPU Usage is 100%
    I am using P-IV 2.8 GHZ processor and Intel 945 series motherboard.
    When I am using DOS application my CPU Usage goes to 100%. There is no virus and no warm in my system.
    Please tell me the possible solutions to follow.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 22, 2007, 08:03 AM
    Shanmugam,

That's the way true DOS applications work. The DOS application will own the CPU for the duration of its active life.
    shanmugam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 04:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by donf
    Shanmugam,

That's the way true DOS applications work. The DOS application will own the the CPU for the duration of its active life.
    But I checked with another machine, but it was working normally. For me only it was working very slow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CPU usage at 100% [ 20 Answers ]

My computer recently started to be very slow. I have a 800 mghz pentium. I'm running XP. I did a complete virus scan with Norton and found nothing. When I look at the processes, I can see the CPU is running at 100% most of the time. There's no specific file that is using all the power. Why is...

CPU usage at 100% [ 6 Answers ]

after I reformatted, I noticed installations took 2x as long, games are shaky and videos stutter, and then I realized why this is happening because cpu usage is being used by these programs like crazy, installations usually were at 100%. This never happened before! My pf usage is very low too so...

CPU Usage @ 100% [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I log onto the Internet, my CPU usage goes from like 2% to 100%. Once the page loads, it dies back down, but then when I click a link and try to load another page it goes back to 100%. Plus, the Comcast logo spins, then stalls, then spins, then stalls until the page loads. It never...

Msmsgs at 100% CPU Usage [ 3 Answers ]

Running Windows XP Home and keep hitting a problem. PC (Athlon XP 3.2Ghz) suddenly slows down to doing not a lot, when pressing the CTRL ALT DEL to bring up the task manager msmsgs.exe is at 100% CPU usage. I can close this process down and the PC is fine again for a few moments. Shortly...

View more questions Search