Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kjw15rpi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 08:33 AM
    Alcohol Testing
    I just found out I have to be tested next Wednesday. What is the difference between the different testing methods? How far back will they be able to tell I've had a drink? I have no plans to go on a Tuesday night bender, but I do have the occasional social drink (1-2 drinks once or twice a week, tops) I doubt I could fail because of this, but I suppose stranger things have happened, I'm just curious.

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2007, 08:40 AM
    You need not to do any "social" drinking

I will assume it is part of a alcohol probation requirements, they can be very detailed depending on the test.

I wld assume the probation was NO alcohol, so you need to start liking ice tea and just be social,

Being "social" is merely an excuse for not stoping, you can be just as social having a coke with them,

That 1 or 2 drinks a couple times a week will show up in most

Apr 4, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kjw15rpi
    I just found out I have to be tested next Wednesday. What is the difference between the different testing methods? How far back will they be able to tell I've had a drink? I have no plans to go on a Tuesday night bender, but I do have the occasional social drink (1-2 drinks once or twice a week, tops) I doubt I could fail because of this, but I suppose stranger things have happened, I'm just curious.

thanks!
    Although I appreciate your reply, you really shouldn't make assumptions about people you don't know at all. I was asking a legit question... and when I said "social" I'm talking a glass of wine with dinner or something, which is a completely normal thing to do and not an excuse for "not stopping" as you wrongly accuse me of. Thanks anyway.
    Gutterpup Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Fail what? Are you under a court order not to drink? Is this an on the job test or to qualify for a job? If aren't to have any alcohol in your system then they may be able to detect trace amounts for several days, maybe weeks. I would look at that as an integrity thing, if you are under some obligation not to dring then there should not be trace amounts in your system. If this is for a job then I would think having a low level from having a few drinks last night would be ok(unless they want a nondrinker or you told them you don't drink). If you need to not drink to keep you life on track for any reason then don't drink. If it is something you want bad enough to even question levels then don't drink, if you don't care and want to drink then do so. If you really want to quit go ask your doctor for a prescription of antibuse and take it every day, this would be a promise you make to yourself(that's how I quit). I was dry for a few years now I can drink a few here and there or go months without one.
    I hope this was informational, help you have some ideas and I hope you do well whatever you choose,
    Rick

Apr 4, 2007, 09:18 AM
    it's for a job... not drinking between now and next Wednesday is not a problem, I just have no idea how any sort of drug testing works because I've never been asked to do it before. I didn't lie on my app or anything, so I honestly doubt I have anything to worry about. I've just heard all sorts of random stories about drug testing, so I googled, found this website, and thought I'd ask the question... I'm seriously not in denial, I don't drink all that much, I don't even have any idea what amounts it would take to pass/fail a test like this or what kind of test is even typical for them to do... I'm very naïve to this whole topic so I was looking for any sort of helpful information as I've never been through it before.
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

Apr 5, 2007, 06:48 PM
    A regular alcohol urine test can detect alcohol up to 24 hours after last drink but there is a new test EtG (more expensive) it can detect alcohol up to 80 hours. It depends on what test they run.
    Dr_Doug Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 01:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tessy777 View Post
    a regular alcohol urine test can detect alcohol up to 24 hours after last drink but there is a new test Etg (more expensive) it can detect alcohol up to 80 hours. It depends on what test they run.
    Yes, you are part correct in this statement. However the actual ETG or ETS test can show up to 120 hrs or 5 days after consumption. Of course this all depends on how much is consumed, your weight, metabolism & so on...

Oh and Friar Chuck... maybe you should start an advice column somewhere else.
    TheDrugTestGuy Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 12:53 PM

If you will show up positive for an alcohol test greatly depends upon a number of factors, including the type of drug test performed.

For example, typical alcohol tests will not show positive results after 24 hours and, depending upon the amount of alcohol and your metabolizm, may not show up in a matter of a few hours. >Link Removed<

Another important consideration, will the test be breath alcohol or EtG. >Link Removed<
    cheatingdrugs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2012, 01:43 PM
    This is all helpful information. I am currently on probation and they test me randomly. The problem is that I still enjoy drinking here and there. But when I do drink I usually do it on a Friday night that way by the time Monday rolls around I will most likely be clean for a test. It is very easy for me to get clean I weigh 170 lbs and I am 6'1". My metabolism is very fast so nothing really sticks to me. With alcohol and even marijuana are fairly easy to get out of your system even if you are bigger or have a slower metabolism. All you have to do is drink nothing but water. Stay away from any sugery, carbonated, drinks. You want no fat content. Just pound loads of water and sweat. Put a garbage bag over your body and then put some sweats on and go for a run. By doing this you are burning fat and sweating it out and that's what marijuana and alcohol stick to are your fatty cells. Anyway these few things have helped me get clean faster than taking any of that niacin crap of crannberry juice or what ever they say is supposed to get you clean. This the most natural way and you don't hurt your body. Just drink lots of water and pee A lot then when its time for your test drink some crannberry juice to turn your pee yellow that way you don't have a dilluted test. Pretty simple way to flush your body water works great and I think it's the fastest. Any questions I am more than happy to answer I have been doing this for a long time just let me know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alcohol Addiction [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a cure for an alcoholic

Alcohol recovery [ 3 Answers ]

How to determine if someone may have a drinking problem? What can be done? What are possible means of recovery, or treatment if someone has a drinking problem?

Alcohol tips [ 8 Answers ]

Hey so, I was just wondering. How do you forget about things when you are drunk? Like a girl I know said you only completely forget everything if you pass out, and also how many drinks is too much? How do you help a friend if they are sick? And if you have any tips about alcohol, I would be happy...

Alcohol: 70% or 99%? [ 1 Answers ]

For cleaning keyboards, door knobs/handles, table tops, etc. Which is better, the 70% or the 99%?

Over service of Alcohol [ 4 Answers ]

I know that a bartender and the premises is liable for service of an alcoholic beverage to an obviously intoxicated person. (Califonia) But what about if a bartender serves someone 10 shots of tequila and 5 beers in the time span of 1 hour. And, duing that hour, the patron did not show symptoms...

View more questions Search