Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Steviec9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2017, 01:08 PM
    radiator issue
    Hi.
    My radiator is hot at the top and cold at the bottom.
    I took it off and attached a hose and rwn it fot 10 minutes
    I replaced the radiator and the bottom was roasting for a short while and it is now cold again.
    Does this mean the sludge did not come out?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2017, 11:30 AM
    Hi

It would appear from your description that you have steam heat. If this is true then you have too much water in you system. It would have to be drained at the furnace and the water control checked to see if operating correctly. This should be checked by a qualified tech and replaced if needed.

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Issue with Air Handler Motor, Can't Fins Similar Issue Online [ 4 Answers ]

I've got an AC unit in Florida that is only 7 years old. Recently, the air handler coils froze. Called AC tech who replaced the capacitor and all was good. 3 weeks later, they froze again. The motor stopped running on the air handler while the compressor was still running. Tech came out and all he...

Radiator Issue. [ 3 Answers ]

Simple Hot Water/Heat system. Thermostat not calling for 3 out of 4 radiators. Problem radiator is running constantly hot. 1. Hot Water Heat / Hot Water System. 2. 4 radiators in each corner of the house. 3. All pipes in basement hot to all radiators, but this one is constantly hot... others...

Permanently removing a radiator; can I cap off flow and return feeds to radiator? [ 4 Answers ]

I am permanently removing a radiator and want to know if I can just cap off the flow and return feeds to the radiator or do I need to connect the two together to continue the flow of the system. I believe it's the last radiator in the system to warm up. There is just one 10mm microbore pipe...

Oil in radiator/ radiator is crack [ 3 Answers ]

My radiator has a crack on the side so we been putting in water but now it looks like there is some kind oil and gook in the radiator. Can any one try to help me with his problem

I have an issue with a not dripping,but a running tub faucet. How to fix this issue ? [ 2 Answers ]

My name is Joey ,I have a faucet for my tub that is running , not just dripping . It's a three handle set up which consists of Hot + Shower diverter valve + Cold. The assembly is made by Gerber from what I can see . How or what can be done to fix this issue , killing my water bill.. I really do not...

View more questions Search