Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marissa14 Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2011, 08:00 PM
    Can I get my lip pierced with braces?
    My friend and I, were planning on getting our bottom lip pierced we promised each other we would get it done. We were planning this for a long time but then I got braces and I don't know if I can get it pierced,and I'm not getting it done in the middle I'm getting it done on the side. Will I be able to get it done so I don't break my promise. I really want it done?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 7, 2011, 08:15 PM

How is this a "legal" issue?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 7, 2011, 08:17 PM

**Moderator's Note: Moved from Other Law to Dentistry**

Jul 7, 2011, 08:32 PM
    Comment on AK lawyer's post
    Its not a legal issue! The site wouldn't let me change it to dentistry
    Lyra123 Posts: 184, Reputation: 42

Jul 7, 2011, 08:38 PM

Yes you can, but I'd recommend that you wait until your braces are off. The combination of braces and a lip piercing can injure the piercing site, depending on which type of lip piercing, and can damage the braces themselves.

Which sort of piercing did you want?

Jul 7, 2011, 08:50 PM
    Comment on Lyra123's post
    Well my braces don't come off till 2 years, I was wanting a labret piercing
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Jul 7, 2011, 08:58 PM

How old are you? If you're a minor, who's doing the piercing? Have you talked to your parents about this?

If you're paying for the braces, do you know how damaging mouth piercings can be to teeth? An expensive set of teeth like those corrected by braces may be too valuable to risk on a mouth piercing.

Just some food for thought.

Jul 7, 2011, 09:00 PM

Are you getting bottom or top braces?

Jul 7, 2011, 09:06 PM

I took a second look at your question, and I do not mean to offend you, however I think you should think a little more about getting this piercing. You will have that scar forever if you ever remove the piercing. That's a big deal. When getting any body modification, you should always think a lot about it. Weigh pros and cons. You shouldn't just get it because your friends are.

Jul 7, 2011, 09:11 PM
    Comment on southamerica's post
    I'm 14 where I'm from you can be any age to get a piercing but you need a consent witch the person has to be 18 or older, I am allowed to get this done by my parents but my parents are not the ones that are taking me my brothers friend is, I know the risk but my parents can pay for my teeth if something is to happen after I get it done

Jul 7, 2011, 09:13 PM

I'm sorry but that is very immature thinking, I am not insulting you, just stating a fact.

I do not believe you are mature enough to take care of a piercing, especially an oral piercing.

Jul 7, 2011, 09:14 PM
    It was my idea not my friends.and nope you didn't offend me at all, and I know it will leave a scar but I'm not planning on taking it out

Jul 7, 2011, 09:14 PM
    I have top and bottom braces.

Jul 7, 2011, 09:16 PM

Another word of advice, do not get a facial piercing unless you have a stable job that does not disapprove of them.
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Jul 7, 2011, 09:16 PM

I'm 14 where I'm from you can be any age to get a piercing but you need a consent witch the person has to be 18 or older, I am allowed to get this done by my parents but my parents are not the ones that are taking me my brothers friend is, I know the risk but my parents can pay for my teeth if something is to happen after I get it done
    You're parents are paying for your teeth already, yes?

If this piercing does something to your teeth, you think they'll just pay to fix that as well?

Have you discussed this with them? You should seek their consent, they are the people in your life that are always after your best interests and they are wise.

Jul 7, 2011, 09:20 PM
    I'm more mature than you think. I know that sounded stupid but it will just be a little scar you won't be able to see it I had my nose pierced before and I took good care of it and nothing went wrong until my sweater hooked the ring that was the only reason it came out an I'm pretty sure I can fallow the rules for an oral piercing and I had my ears pierced 2 times on each ear. Why would you think I was immature?

Jul 7, 2011, 09:23 PM

I meant the comment about your parents just paying again.
    That shows immature thinking.
    Also, oral piercings are far different from any other piercing, especially ear.

Jul 7, 2011, 09:24 PM

But back to the main question, it would not be a good idea to get a labret piercing while having bottom braces. Please wait.

Jul 7, 2011, 09:25 PM
    Comment on southamerica's post
    Yes my parents are paying for my braces, and I think they will pay for it to be fixed.
    I have discussed this with my parents I would never go off and get a piercing without there consent I'm not immature like most 14 year old not saying your calling me immature I'm just saying I would never do that.

Jul 7, 2011, 09:30 PM
    They would pay again I know my parents and there not just going to let my teeth go messed up again,and I know an ear piercing is much different.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want my lip pierced, should I? [ 20 Answers ]

Hiya! Ok so, I'm 13 and I've already got 11 piercings, the one I really want is my lip, not sure what part of the lip though. I've been in trouble because of my nose and ears, nobody has seen my belly or tongue, Is it a good idea? I'm not asking my mom she offered me, Keep that in mind.

I pierced my lip and the needle won't come out. [ 2 Answers ]

Okay sooooo I pierced my lip my myself. And people told me to leave the needle in for a little before I put the ring in so that it wouldn't close up. But not the needle is really hard to get out. And I tried pulling but it barely moves and it hurts. What should I do?

My lip pierced! [ 1 Answers ]

OK I'm 14 and I really want to get a monroe and I don't know how old you have to be even if you have parental concent. So my question is where is the best place in Tennessee I could go and pierce my lip and them let me do it? Lol I really want to monroe but my brother told me even with parental...

I've had my lip pierced for 2 weeks and the lip ring is real loose and there is no in [ 1 Answers ]

I've had my lip pierced for 2 weeks and the lip ring is real loose and there is no infection or redness, when can I put a new one in?

View more questions Search