Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 05:09 PM
    Online grocerys
    I THINK this is the right place for this. If I'm wrong please move it :D

Does anyone have any experience with online grocerys, like safeway, when you order online and they deliver it? I'm considering it as I don't have a car and it's a strain on my family with gas being the way it is to take me to the grocery store as I live a good 20 minutes away from most of them.

Safeway usually has a 'free delivery' coupon, and when they don't its only 9.99 for delivery which is the same as I put 10$ gas in my familys cars whenever they take me anyway.

But I'm curious to know if anyone has any problems with this service before I accually try it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 9, 2009, 05:22 PM

Peapod is terrific! It might be for only Midwestern service.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 9, 2009, 05:23 PM

jenniepepsi, you know, all of us live all over the US and Canada. It is kind of hard to answer your question unless someone here happens to live near a Safeway. I don't have Safeway in Ontario, I have Loblaws, Metro, Foodland and No Frills. None deliver unless you are senior citizen. If I don't have my car, I USE MY BIKE for shopping which is a lot healthier for the environment and me too.

Tick
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 05:25 PM

Oooh thanks tickle I thought safeway was everywhere. I'm sorry :P

Well then I hope someone comes along who knows :P
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 10:31 PM
    My sister uses Peapod, she lives in the Chicago area, and she loves it.

We have Safeway here and I personally have never used it, but have thought about it many times. The only drawback I can see is if you are really picky about your fruit and meat. As long as you follow the ads, so you know what's on sale I can't imagine a problem.

When I'm shopping, I see people with there lists picking stuff out for delivery. They seem to be very precise.

If you have free delivery (which usually the first one is) try it and see what happens. I'm not sure how the coupon thing would work.:confused: and at this point coupons are important (to me at least) :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 10:14 AM

I checked peapod :( they don't have it here. Ill try safeway next payday and see how it goes.
    FacilitySupport Posts: 7, Reputation: 4

Aug 31, 2009, 11:43 AM
    There are always going to different circumstances in different parts of the country. I would suggest searching for more information online with the engines at Coupons and Codes (http://www.couponandcodes.com).
    Good luck, -Tom
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2009, 12:01 PM

SCHWAN'S: Time Saving Food, Online Grocery Shopping & Home Delivery Service
    I remember my mom used to order from schwan's when I was little. I think it's all frozen foods and I'm not sure if they deliver to your area but I thought I'd pass it along so you could see if it interested you. I remember the ice cream being really good. I hated anything even remotely healthy when I was little so I can't say whether the rest of the food was any good. Lol
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 31, 2009, 12:05 PM
    We have Schwans in our area, it is quite expensive
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 31, 2009, 12:07 PM
    They don't deliver, but if you are trying to save money check out the Angel Food Network. They do have one in Phoenix.

Find Your Closest Local Host Site - Angel Food Ministries
    trodowicz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2010, 07:32 PM

I worked for Safeway.com for six years as a home delivery driver, and I can promise you that you'd be delighted with the service. If there are any problems, safeway.com customer service will make it right

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online W-2 [ 3 Answers ]

Where do I go to access my 2007 W-2 form online?

TV online [ 1 Answers ]

How can I watch Network TV online when a TV is not available. Simple explanation, the sites free TV going around in circles. Thank youl.

Online GED [ 2 Answers ]

On what web site can I earn my ged 100% free?:)

View more questions Search