Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bt1030 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2013, 12:54 AM
    Mole removal
    Okay, 7/24/13 at 7:30 am I have to go get a mole removed off the back of my neck, & I'm 15 , its really big. They are going to put me to sleep through an IV and I'm so scared, does it hurt,& should I be worried about it, because I worry a lot! I also have white coat hypertension. I get really nervous and my blood pressure gets a little high! But at home it normal. But I'm so scared, should I worry about it? Thanks!
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jul 23, 2013, 09:21 AM
    A mole on your back, really. Is it really needed to be removed? If it's not bothering you health-wise then don't do it.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2013, 09:39 AM
    "A mole on your back, really. is it really needed to be removed? if it's not bothering you health-wise then don't do it."

No Physician is going to perform unnecessary surgery, particularly under general anesthetic, unless it is a medical necessity.

I'm sure part of the process will be a biopsy.

If the OP follows your advice, cancels the surgery, does nothing, and there IS a problem, can you live with that?

Please - unless you are medically trained and/or have great research skills do not answer questions about medical care.

By now the surgery is over and the OP has, hopefully, good results. When the results come back negative "we" can talk about the need for biopsies.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 23, 2013, 09:50 AM
    I am the Queen of Moles. I have more moles than the average Irish lass has freckles. All over my body though. I have had many removed, all with just a local anesthetic (I always ask for one with a bit of cortisone in it because scars on me tend to itch a lot).

I am well educated in what a cancerous one might look like. I have many big lumpy fatty (sebaceous) ones, and they are harmless. But skin cancers, including melanoma, run on both sides of my family, so I have to keep my eyes open. A mole on the spine is going to be treated carefully. Good luck and try to stay calm today. Keep asking questions if you want.
    My dad had a melanoma that he survived, as did my sister. Basal and squamous cell cancers are very treatable.
    But don't assume cancer.

(smkanand, I won't give you a negative too, but huge faux-pas)
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2013, 09:53 AM
    Can't greenie you, Joy, but thanks. I am, lilkewise, very light skinned and have "freckles" which the Doctor keeps an eye on.

To discourage surgery is very unwise.

And a general - makes me think the Doctor will be removing several layers.

And to the OP, I don't think it will be bad. It will hurt, of course, but ask for something to control the pain.

And PLEASE let us know -
    current pert

Jul 23, 2013, 10:07 AM
    smkanand, it is not meaningful to say 'if not bothering you health-wise.' And to say 'then don't do it' is absolutely dangerous!
    Cancerous moles are silent. They rarely hurt or bleed or do much of anything except grow in an irregular way - and sometimes, they don't even do that.
    PLEASE don't give retaliatory negatives unless you know your subject thoroughly.
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2013, 09:18 AM
    Thanks, Joy, but not the first time smkanand's "common sense" has trumped education and research and resulted in a reddie for me - by this same person.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 24, 2013, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smkanand View Post
    A mole on your back, really. is it really needed to be removed? if it's not bothering you health-wise then don't do it.
    The doctor determined the mole IS a health problem, thus the surgery.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 24, 2013, 09:29 AM
    To bt, if you are under general anesthesia you won't feel it. If the doctor is saying this should be done, then you need to have it done. Make sure the doctor is aware of your medical condition.
    current pert

Jul 24, 2013, 09:49 AM
    (The surgery was this morning.. regardless of time zone, it's been done.)

Jul 25, 2013, 05:15 AM
    Yes, it was a health problem because I didn't want it to turn into something bad, and I have long hair and its on my neck, and every time I brushed my hair, it would scrap it, & it was a huge mole, they put me under Anastasia and I didn't feel anything. I have to wear a bandage for a couple days, but its over with now. & I have to go to a check up the 6th to I guess he will look at the spot, and he is going to remove a couple skin tags. Thanks!

Jul 25, 2013, 05:17 AM
    But, I was out of it in about 2 minutes and I didn't feel anything, and its not sore where they took it off. The only thing sore is where they put the IV in because it took the forever to find a vein. But that's the only problem.
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2013, 08:06 AM
    Thank you for coming back and letting us know - good news.

Glad all went well.

Jul 26, 2013, 04:10 AM
    Your Welcomee:) & Thankss!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mole to Mole [ 0 Answers ]

Assume that magnesium would act atom-for-atom exactly the same as copper in this experiment. How many grams of magnesium would, have been used in the reaction if one gram of silver were produced? The atomic mass of magnesium is 24.31 g/mol.

Scar due to mole removal on penis? [ 1 Answers ]

I had a mole or possibly HPV removed from the center of my shaft. The doctor used some kind of a cutting device to remove it, it left a perfect circle half the size of a pencil eraser right on the center of my shaft! The circle is right on top of the semi dark ring around the cock where I was...

Mole removal [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone used any mole removal treatments. I have a mole on my face above my lip and I hate it - always have and I have sent away for a cream to apply called nevi no more or something that treats it and it falls off but now I am a bit apprehensive to use it! Anyone tried it? I know that if I...

Mole Removal [ 18 Answers ]

Hello everyone! I have a mole on my stomach.. its not very big but I don't like it.. I was wondering if you can get them cut off? Or what if anyone knows anything on how to remove them please answer! XoXo Thank you!

Mole-mole ratios [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: Given the fallowing balanced equation, 2Al + 3S -> Al2S3 Q 1. How many moles of Al2S3 will form if we start with 16 moles of Al? Q 2. How many moles of sulfur will be combined with 16 moles of Al? ...

View more questions Search