Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Mar 25, 2008, 06:07 PM
    He keeps staring. Does he like me?
    I like the same guy I did when I made other posts and I have a question... So this guy stares at me everyday, goes close to where I am, gets his friends to ask things about my life [or that's what me and my friends think] etc. but he never talks to me, and when he does he starts the conversation but never really leads it on...

What's going on here, I'm confused... is he just shy? And if he is should I start to flirt w/ him?
    nkychic Posts: 180, Reputation: 70

Mar 25, 2008, 06:11 PM
    Sounds as though you are into this guy and it seems he may very well be into you. Unfortunately, if neither of you jump, you'll never know. You can either flirt and beat around the bush, or be straight up with him. Either way, until he knows you like him he probably won't make a move. Probably a bit shy, maybe even FOR (fear of rejection). Why don't you and your friends ask him and his friends to go hang out somewhere. It doesn't have to be a date, just a group thing. That way you have a chance to talk to him, but it's a more comfortable situation. Good luck girl!

Mar 25, 2008, 06:17 PM
    Hey thanks, but something else is, I don't know if he reallyy fears rejection, I mean mabey he does, but he has had quite a few GF's I mean of course they were VERY flirtacious but still.. plus I'm really shy around him so I only want to make a move if I know he is interested. I have FOR also, probably more than himm..
    R0cKin_t33N Posts: 78, Reputation: 0

Mar 25, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Take control of the situation... show him that you're a girl who's not afraid of making the
    1st move... you will have so many "what if's" and never know what will happen if you don't try.
    GuD LuCk. And don't be Scared, Embarrassed, etc.
    Be Confident

Mar 25, 2008, 06:24 PM
    Thnks :} so wuts a good conversation starter? [FYI I'm in 8th grade.]
    o NitSuA o Posts: 47, Reputation: 0

Mar 26, 2008, 05:30 PM
    I can guarntee he is shy... I myself am a shy guy and these are obvious signs of shyness, though I do not stare at girls for long periods and have my friends ask them personal questions... he definitely likes you but is too scared to make a move, especially if he is in the 8th grade...

lets put it this way, if you catch him looking at you and if you start a conversation with him and he sounds like he doesn't really know what to say, he likes you. If he's really shy he won't catch flirting either so if you really like him you need to "take the lead" and tell him that you like him as more than a friend or ask him if he likes you. If he is cornered and given the opportunity to express his feelings he will.

sorry for the long read I hope I was helpful =/
    cody2011 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 06:26 PM
    This guy does sound shy. You should just go talk to him, flirt with him a little. It sounds to me that he likes you. Trust me, I used to be a shy guy. No I'm an outgoing girl... just kidding on the girl thing. You know, April fools. But the rest of it I'm serious about. Good luck.

p.s. I think you're hot. So... he probably does too.
    Uruha Posts: 16, Reputation: -1

Apr 1, 2008, 06:36 PM
    I know about shy guys, my boyfriend is very VERY shy, but he's starting to come out of his shell, when I first told my boyfriend I liked him I kissed him before I even told him, after that we got together, still together, juss be spontanious, don't wait, because he's definitely not going to tell you, make the first move

Apr 1, 2008, 09:57 PM
    Haha thanks everyone :] I smiled at him today he smiled back and got red faced, after that I tlked to him a bit, he was extremely shy, but he opened up a little after 5 minutes :D.
    cody2011 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 11:06 PM
    So... its been a month. How is it. Did our advice work(everyone's advice. Not just mine)?
    turtlegirl16 Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 12:19 PM
    I hope you guys are working out
    Burn Zap Freeze Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

May 5, 2008, 02:56 PM
    Hey, Bar... I'm a guy... But... Er.. Same problem as you, maybez? What school do you go to? I think I recognize you, and if so, AWESOME.

May 5, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Never mind, looked at your profile, you in Cali, me in UT. >.<

May 5, 2008, 02:59 PM
    I still have the same problem as you, this one girl looks at me when she thinks I'm not looking, and I move just enough to get her into my peripheral vision, and I see her looking at me... I'm in 8th too. I also like her since... 5th? You got any spare info, Barbs? Thanks.
    CFZD Posts: 385, Reputation: 49

May 6, 2008, 10:40 AM
    It is a FAQ!

I used to wonder about that too.

My experience is that taking it lighthearted. Don't jump into that he is interested in you as romantically.

People stare people with no specific reason, so take it lightheated that way you get hurt less.

If he really likes you, he will tell you! If he doesn't tell you then he is not brave enough therefore you probably won't like him anyway.

Jun 16, 2008, 10:16 AM
    umm I know this post was probably dead and forgotten, but mabey not... anyway, things have been way better, were not DATING but we've been getting closer. He starts conversations way more now and sometimes we make small talk during lunch. (= I think I want to ask him to go somewhere, with his friend and mine, because he asked me if I was going to someone's party a few weeks ago, but I wasn't invited so I said no. so I think he's interested, how should I "technically" ask him out?

thnxx

Jun 16, 2008, 10:19 AM
    To answer your question now, if she's anything like me, and looks at you the amount she does than you should talk to her about recent events and if your as shy as me and you can't do that [lol] than ask her obvious questions like. What time is it? Or what day is it? And they'll accumilate, shell probably be happy that you notice her that much. And if uve known her for a while it might even be better.

Anyway good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Burn Zap Freeze
    I still have the same problem as you, this one girl looks at me when she thinks I'm not looking, and I move just enough to get her into my peripheral vision, and I see her looking at me.... I'm in 8th too. I also like her since... 5th? You got any spare info, Barbs? Thanks.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Sounds like he is shy.
    Maybe you could try starting up a conversation with him by saying something like
    I heard you were wondering [ex: what my hobbies are, my favorite music,. ] You can feel free to ask me since I know myself best lol :) . Well anyway, I love [whatever]. How about you?

Jun 17, 2008, 04:57 PM
    Haha yeah, I don't want him to be in an awkward position though like... he knows that I know he might be interested. If that's the case.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Jun 17, 2008, 07:03 PM
    I'm a shy guy, and my girlfriend asked me to go somewhere out of school first. She asked me to go to her church youth group. I have to say, I wasn't thrilled to be going to a church youth group, but I was happy to be spending time with her.
    I was to shy to ask her to do something, so she basically took control, and everything worked out. Also, it was a good ice breaker. Anytime either of us wanted to spend time with each other, we could ask now, with no awkwardness. We got closer much quicker, and next thing you know, I asked her to be my girlfriend.

So, just ask him to do something. If he really likes you, then he will be happy just to be with you.

-TIP-
    Ask to do something on a day other than a Friday, or Saturday. This makes the date feel not so much like a date. It will be less awkward, and easier for him to accept.
    Also, take a friend, or do something with a group of friends. That also takes away from the date feeling.

Before you know it, you two will be b/f g/f.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The best staring 5 (from 1983 to present) [ 8 Answers ]

PG Magic Johnson SG Michael Jordan SF LBJ PF Dennis Rodman C David Robinson PG Jason Kidd SG Kobe Bryant SF Scottie Pipen PF Tim Duncan

VW Passat diesel staring problems when warm [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2003 VW Passat 1.9 TDI (130bhp) that starts fine in the morning runs fine but when warm and left for 5-10 minutes requires about 3-5 seconds of cranking over before it starts again, then it fine again.

Non-staring 97 Civic Coupe 1.6i LS (SOHC) [ 28 Answers ]

Hi guys, I've currently got a non-starting (UK) 1997 Civic Coupe 1.6i LS. I was driving it last week when the CEL came on. As I was a couple of minutes from home, I drove back and parked up, then when I came to try the car later that day, it refused to start. When the ignition key is turned,...

View more questions Search