Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    az19mt Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2006, 05:20 PM
    Headaches
    I get headaches often (occationally migranes) but for the last two days I have had one quite different. Whenever I get up (from sitting, standing etc) it starts to hurt. In the beginning it was a little left of the top of my head and was VERY painful. It continued to bother me whenever I got up. Took a couple advil before bed but I woke up at 3 am to get a drink and it moved to my forehead. It was so painful I could hardly open my eyes. I know headaches can be a symptom for almost anything, but does anyone know if/when it should ever be considered serious? does it matter WHERE it is (forehead, top, left right etc)?

Ps- I have glasses but I'm not dependent on them
    I tried rest, naps, eating, water and I have not watched too much TV or been on computer too much. My stress level is hardly anything. Working 35 hrs a week, out of school right now... going back end of aug and personal life is decent. Im 20yrs old and healthy weight
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 2, 2006, 05:21 PM
    When was the last time your blood pressure was taken? And what was it?
    az19mt Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2006, 05:24 PM
    Just had it taken Friday for something else and doc said it was normal. Forgot what she muttered but it was fine
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 2, 2006, 05:40 PM
    Normal is somewhere between 120/80 to 140/90
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Aug 2, 2006, 08:38 PM
    I agree with J 9 that postural blood pressure, defintely appears to be a significant factor. The headache does seem to me to be vascular in nature. It's hard to rule out that it isn't a migraine, albeit very severe.
    Any other information you could give us -- diet, meds, supplements, etc. -- would be helpful, but you could try boosting your potassium level by getting more in your diet. Please don't take potassium supplements though, unless under medical supervision. Low blood sugar could as well cause headaches such as you describe, though you would likely experience some ringing in your ears at the very least.
    If the headache becomes unbearable, or is accompanied by symptoms such as serious visual disturbance -- more than what is common with a typical migraine -- it is always best to seek out emergency medical help. Though more serious causes or complications are relatively rare in people that present as otherwise healthy. Location of the headache can be something of an indication of it's type, though this isn't always reliable.
    franneh Posts: 134, Reputation: 7

Aug 11, 2006, 08:48 PM
    I have extreme migraines and high pressure behind my eyes. Almost every time I stand from sitting, kneeling or laying, I get unbearable pressure in my forehead with horrible pain. Also just like you, I've had issues in the middle of the night. Once I woke up and decided to roll over but as soon as propped myself up on my elbow, my nose started gushing. This has happened twice. Maybe you have high blood pressure too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Headaches? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having painful headaches that start at the back of my head and go all the way to my temple for the past two weeks. I wake up with them I am tired all the time and now the headaches are getting worse. They seem to last for hours and go away for a couple of minutes but come back...

Headaches in teenage girls [ 7 Answers ]

If my teenage girl is not getting enough sleep could it cause headaches? She only sleeps about 7 hours a night and sometimes less than that.

Headaches [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am prone to headaches, usually around my period. I am a 23 year old female and have had a headache for two weeks straight(its not around my period) and was wondering if its normal to have a headache this long. I have taken over the counter prescription, nothing, called my doctor but because...

Headaches from Bathroom Cleaner [ 8 Answers ]

Two days ago, I thoroughly cleaned my shower with Kaboom tile cleaner. Ever since then I've been having random heaches. I'm not a general headache sufferer so I'm concerned it might be associated from inhaling too much of the Kaboom fumes. Along with the headaches, I get the feeling I'm going to...

Headaches ! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My Glasses Got Broke And I Am Havig A Bad Time Getting Help .I Have No Income The Medical Assintance Office Is Giving Me A Run Around . I Keep Filling Out The Same Paper Work And When I Asked My Case Worker Why She Said This Is Normal . And When I Talked To Other People Who Are On Assintance...

View more questions Search