Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myworldac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 06:56 PM
    After an affair
    My husband had an affair with a much older woman, I can't call her a "lady". I stayed with him, but we have had a considerably amount of conflict since I discovered this. He has never fully cut off "all" contact with the winch. He knew I felt that way, and I've seen things that definitely indicate that. He has even had her visiting his mother. So I feel that his family knows this and is very aware of what has been going on with them. This affair has caused a tremondous amount of problems in the marriage, but how do I get him to understand that having contact, does not show that he is committed to re-connecting with me? He can't have both. I know its not acceptable. I've cursed and fussed. But it only causes him to withdraw.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 07:05 PM
    Do you still want him in your life?

Is he ready to give her up completely?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 07:07 PM
    You may have to end it. If he is fully committed to getting this marriage back on track, he will cut off all ties. If he is unwilling to do that, IMO he does not care about the marriage.
    Did he ask you to forgive him and take him back, or did you just do it?
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Nov 2, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Your right; just makes it worse. There is more than one problem and the big one is his parents. You will be dealing not just with your husband but also what sounds like his parents support of his activities. You'll be able to work through this but he's in deep crap. Sit and discuss your options with a attorney and don't communicate with his parents.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get over his affair? [ 8 Answers ]

We have been married for 6 years... when we first started dating my husband continued to have sex with his ex-wife up until shortly after we were married-- because he has a child with her we still have her in our lives.. I am trying with everything that I have to be over this-- but I am finding...

Affair over? [ 8 Answers ]

While not married, my girlfriend and I have lived together for 7 years now. We are officially engaged, but she has put off marriage for financial reasons that I can understand. This summer though, she had an affair. I finally figured it out from all the lies, working late, needing to be "alone"...

Been having an affair [ 18 Answers ]

I have been seeing a married man for almost four yrs now, we never go anywhere he just comes round for a chat and it inevitably ends up in bed. He finds it hard to show his emotions and says he doesn't love anyone not even his wife. He becomes protective of her if I ask questions and says we...

Affair [ 3 Answers ]

Any advice on getting over an affair ?

View more questions Search