Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xanadu71 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 11:32 AM
    Net Gear wireless router
    I have a netgear wireless router and have forgotten the password. I checked online and it states to push the reset button to reset the password however; there is no reset button. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 13, 2009, 03:17 PM
    Ok, I'll bite. What is the product model?

Also, reset "buttons" are usually not a button as you may be expecting. They are often in the form of a small hole in the case that a straight paperclip is inserted into that presses a PC board surface mounted switch (example: NKK Products). These switches are fragile and only require slight pressure to activate.

Aug 23, 2009, 07:18 PM
    It is a NetGear wireless router. I'm not sure what the model is. Additionally, I did look for the inverted hole on the part that is plugged into the internet and there is nothing there. There is another part of it that is attached to all the wires that go to a junction box in the basement. That also does not have a hole. I'm at a loss. I've tried to reach someone at NetGear but have not been successful. Any other ideas?

Thank you so much
    forsaleforsale1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 08:04 PM

http://www.karoo.co.uk/images/help-a...tgear_rear.jpg
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 23, 2009, 08:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu71 View Post
    Any other ideas?
    See link to example router in previous post.

There is a model number somewhere on the device. Netgear has manuals and a wealth of product info on their web site.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 05:44 AM

If you can't find the Model #(may not be there), The hole is tougher, check bottom as well. How about a photo?

Aug 24, 2009, 08:06 AM
    The model is WGT624 and I have looked on the netgear website and there isn't one with just that model number. They are WGT624v2 or v3 or v4, etc. There is 4 plugs in the back for different phone line looking plugs. Thank you for your help. Now, I did see a bunch of squares cut into the router next to the antenna and one of them is round... do you think that is the reset button?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 11:43 AM
    Here's your reset:

http://www.ehartwell.com/infodabble/...GT624-back.jpg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can not figure out my wireless network password, I have a router and wireless network [ 2 Answers ]

I have wireless network through, router. My wireless network password is saved on my laptop. My brother wants to use his laptop in my home using my wireless network, I know my ip address how do I give him password and key I have forgotten

Connect Pantech UM175 wireless broadband modem to Belkin Wireless G router [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Pantech UM 175 wireless broadband modem from Millenicom and I am able to hook it up to a laptop running Vista, a laptop running XP, and a PC running XP individually. However, I would like to have it where I can create a network so that any or all of the computers can access the internet...

Connect to wireless printer and wireless router at the same time [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I can connect wirelessly to my router and I can connect wirelessly to my pinter one at a time. If I'm browsing the internet and want to print I have to break my connection to the router and connect to the printer. This is a pain in the .(especially when listening to pandora radio) ...

Changing wireless router Linksys WRT54GS to a wired router [ 8 Answers ]

How can I disable my wireless router to a wired router. The model is a Linksys WRT54GS.My two computers are now in one room and do not need to be wireless.I will be using a 50ft. Cable. Does it make any difference if the color of the cable is blue or yellow ?

Wireless Printer and wireless router [ 3 Answers ]

I have a wireless printer, with a wireless router. I set up the printer through my router and the printer connects. But when I go to print it will not. I did a test page from the printer and everything passes. I do not understand. This does the same thing on 2 computers. Randy

View more questions Search