Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cubalink Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2006, 01:17 PM
    Window measurement
    I want to install double hung windows in my home. I'm buying the windows from home depot. Question #1, when measuring windows do I give exact measuring example one windows measure w-29 3/8 - h-61 1/4 .
    Question #2 I live northeast what type of insulation I install in the inside of the windows.
    Thanks
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Feb 21, 2006, 03:46 PM
    You can take exact measurements. Give them to the home depot person and they'll size the new windows for you. They may have stock windows that will fit the opening give or take 1/4" all sides. (ex. They may have a window 29 x 61)
    Don't understand your question 2.
    cubalink Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2006, 03:55 PM
    Hello
    I live in the state of Massachusetts so it very cold so my question is when I take the old window out, and take the weight out of windows. Should I put insulation inside there if yes what kind
    philips1674 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cubalink
    i want to install double hung windows in my home. I'm buying the windows from home depot. question #1, when measuring windows do i give exact measuring example one windows measure w-29 3/8 - h-61 1/4 .
    question #2 i live northeast what type of insulation i install in the inside of the windows.
    thanks
    You should give the width first then the height. It is important that you inform the person taking the order that these measurements are exact dimensions. On Insulation it should be understood that no insulation should ever packed in tightly around the insulating area. If your structure is wood frame for example 2X4 then R11 should be cut to fit always placing the paper side to the inside. Whereas 2X6 will accommodate R19. Always ware protective gear then cut to fit.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Square Footage measurement. [ 8 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how to get the correct square footage of living space for a home? What measurements should I take to compile this number? And what areas do not come into consideration? Thanks. Dave.

Strange voltage measurement [ 4 Answers ]

I got some strange voltage measurement when I was repairing an electrical outlet and hope someone can explain this to me. I have a electrical outlet with hot wire connected and neutral wire disconnected. A lamp with a simple rotary switch at the light bulb socket is plugged in to the socket....

Opening to a New Window [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I don't know if there's a way to do this, but I am trying to write an E-mail with a "link" on it. That link obviously leads to another webpage, and what I would like to happen is to manipulate that webpage's appearance; taking out the address bar, menu bar, tool bar, scrollbar, and...

Please help with numerical (income measurement & reporting) accounting problems [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble with the following problems. Can someone please help me with these problems. I really need some help. I would really appreciate it. Thanks 1) During a recent period a real estate development company using the installment method of revenue recognition used a 40% gross profit...

Dos Command Window [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Friends, I have scheduled a batch file to start of in the night. I want to see the DOS window to remain open and not close after execution. I want this this to check the next morning if all the actions went OK. Is there any command that can keep the DOS screen open till I close. Thanks...

View more questions Search