Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danny34465 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Probation violation
    I was recently placed on probation for 12 months. For DUI first offense and 6 months revocation of driver licence. I believed I had 10 days from the verdict of guilt to obtain a hardhsip licence. I was wrong because a few hours after court I was pulled over and charged with driving under suspended licence. I have my first probation appointment tomorrow, does the probabation officer have to violate me or is it at their discretion and also can you violate if you are just charged with something or do you have to be convicted before you can truly violate? Please help
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 27, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danny34465
    I was recently placed on probation for 12 mos. for DUI first offense and 6 months revocation of driver licence. I believed I had 10 days from the verdict of guilt to obtain a hardhsip licence. I was wrong because a few hours after court I was pulled over and charged with driving under suspended licence. I have my first probation appointment tomorrow, does the probabation officer have to violate me or is it at their discretion and also can you violate if you are just charged with something or do you have to be convicted before you can truly violate? please help
    I tend to think the revocation was in effect, and you hadn't gotten the hardship license... yet.

That technicallity may have been a violation of your probation. That is something you'll need to discuss with your PO. Good luck.
    CorrieNB Posts: 78, Reputation: 8

Aug 27, 2007, 04:25 PM
    It really depends on your PO if he is understanding he won't even turn it in but yes he can violate you. What state are you in?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 04:09 AM
    Hello danny:

I guess it's possible for you to have an understanding PO... But, you'll probably have a regular one instead.

excon
    CorrieNB Posts: 78, Reputation: 8

Aug 30, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello danny:

I guess it's possible for you to have an understanding PO.... But, you'll probably have a regular one instead.

excon
    Unfortunately that is how it usually goes:D
    Adolphin69 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 08:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danny34465
    I have my first probation appointment tomorrow, does the probabation officer have to violate me or is it at their discretion and also can you violate if you are just charged with something or do you have to be convicted before you can truly violate? please help

I know this from experience.. My boyfriend is currently in jail due to a VOP.. He has yet to be convicted but has been in for 7 days now.. He has court on the 17th. So NO you do not have to be convicted before they violate you..
    sxrami3 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 10:39 PM
    Most PO will give you a get out of jail free card for your first violation. Just be honest with him and everything will be good

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of probation? [ 18 Answers ]

I am on probation right now for possession charges in New Jersey. I have 5 months left, and am currently in college out of state. Last weekend I received a DUI (at college) but the hearing will not be until next spring, after my probation period has ended. Will my PO find out about this?...

Violation Of Probation [ 9 Answers ]

My husband was charged with Resisting Arrest w/o Violence. He was sentenced to take 8 hr Anger management Class. Probation for 1 year. Write apology letter to cop. Pay court fees & FInes = 825.00. My husband was pulled back into jail for Violation Of Probation. Everything else was...

Violation of probation [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend violated his out of state probation in July of 2006. He was charged with simple assault. The judge gave him three months for the charge. He sat in PA prison system until Maryland picked him up in May of 2007. On June 28, 2007 the Baltimore City judge gave him his original sentence...

Probation Violation. [ 1 Answers ]

I am in Florida. I was on 7 years probation for a crime in 2000. During that time I violated my probation. My original crime was in two different counties and they applied them together, "concurrent". When I violated I was sentenced to 13 months prison with all terms and conditions terminated. Upon...

Probation Violation [ 1 Answers ]

My 24 year old daughter was recently on the receiving end of domestic violence. There is no legal attachment between her and the violating party. He was currently on probation for a previous criminal act, for which he did some prison time. Last night they picked him up for the probation violation...

View more questions Search