Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2009, 09:57 PM
    It's time to drawup articles of impeachment
    Barack and his minions are way out there in the left-lands of marxism and fascism. They have declared war on individualism, the right to contract, the right to own property, and now the right to free speech: "The White House is calling on other news organizations to isolate and alienate Fox News as it sends out top advisers to rail against the cable channel as a Republican Party mouthpiece... White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel told CNN on Sunday that President Obama does not want "the CNNs and the others in the world [to] basically be led in following Fox." Obama senior adviser David Axelrod went further by calling on media outlets to join the administration in declaring that Fox is "not a news organization."... But by urging other news outlets to side with the administration, Obama officials dramatically upped the ante in the war of words that began earlier this month with Dunn's comments... Dunn said fact-checking an administration official was "something I've never seen a Sunday show do." "She criticized 'Fox News Sunday' last week for fact-checking -- fact-checking -- an administration official," Wallace said Sunday. "They didn't say that our fact-checking was wrong. They just said that we had dared to fact-check."

Mr. Barack Obama is a disgrace to the presidency of the United States and should be removed.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 03:24 AM
    Article II Sec 4
    The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors. During the Constitutional Convention, some of the Framers urged that "maladministration" be added to the list of impeachable offenses. But that was not included .

Ok ,so removing maladministration as a cause for action,make a case for impeachment of President under the charges of treason, bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

I expect after last week the Maoist Ms Dung will be the next with bus tire tracks on her back.
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 05:38 AM
    "Back in 1970, Rep. Gerald R. Ford defined impeachable offenses as "whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history." That is probably a reasonable definition, consistent with the intentions of the Founding Fathers. "
    See: Impeach Bush, Impeach Bush
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 05:47 AM

Yes ,for most of our history ,impeachment and the threat of impeachment have been a political tool. The exception was Nixon who would've been convicted if he did not resign. And even in Nixon's case ,much of the case against him was political.

That in my view is a misuse of Congressional powers. In the case of Andrew Johnson he did not fully support the Reconstruction goals after the Civil War. In Clintoon's case a very weak case was properly disposed of by the Senate. (there was a justifiable cause against him on the issue of treason ,but Congress did not pursue that )

I hold a higher standard for the ultimate use of the impeachment clause . I understand that "high crimes and misdemeanors " can mean almost anything . But I favor Congressional restraint in almost everything they do ,and invoking their power to impeach is no exception.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2009, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950 View Post
    It's time to drawup articles of impeachment
    Hello George:

Sounds like spilt milk, to me. You had a chance to KEEP him out of office... But, the VOTERS didn't agree with you... You're not going to reverse the election by taking this course... As a matter of fact, if you guys tried this, you'll further marginalize your party.

But, if that's all the Repubs in congress have to do, have at it... It'll be the END of you.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 06:46 AM
    It's not a matter of reversing an election; there are much higher principles involved, and I know you are aware of them. It's a matter of righting the moral compass of the United States, especially the morals of the highest elected official under the constitution. It's bad enough when the press has become lap dogs instead of watch dogs; it's another matter entirely when the government assaults the right of the press to do what it is intended to do: shine the light of day on the darkness that consumes the souls of such as Obama and his crowd.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 06:57 AM

As much as one might like to remove Obama from the office I don't see any case from impeachment.

Did you hear Dunn's response to Mao being one of her favorite philosophers? It was a joke.
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 06:58 AM

George ,besides rhetoric I see nothing yet illegal or unconstitutional in the administration's insane paranoid decision "wage war " against Fox. I think it's self defeating and petty foolishness on their part .But no action has been taken that crosses the line.

Fox's ratings and audience will continue to grow as the WH bleats their inanities .
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2009, 07:00 AM
    It's a matter of righting the moral compass of the United States, especially the morals of the highest elected official under the constitution. it's another matter entirely when the government assaults the right of the press to do what it is intended to do: shine the light of day on the darkness that consumes the souls of such as Obama and his crowd.
    Hello again, George:

Wow! That's a lot of drama for nothing more than a political decision. I don't agree with the decision, by the way, but it certainly ain't worthy of the hysteria you're exhibiting... I don't see an "assault". I don't see any immoral behavior. And, I still see FOX noise doing its thing seeking out that darkness you mentioned...

If ANYTHING, he gave FOX ammunition... Didn't somebody say, that you shouldn't criticize somebody who buys ink by the barrel? That's what Obama did, and I think he'll pay a price.

But, come on George, if the pres torturing people didn't stir you to bring impeachment charges, I can't imagine why dissing FOX would. But, you guys continually surprise me.

excon
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Oct 20, 2009, 08:13 AM
    I got to agree with Tom and Speech on this one. As much as I dislike Obama's policies and his stated goals, he has not taken any action that is an impeachable offense. Implementing policies we don't like isn't illegal.

Even the act of shunning Fox News and refusing to grant them access to the Administration isn't illegal. There is no REQUIREMENT that the WH give ANY news outlet access to its personnel. They can pick who they do interviews with as much as they want. It may be evidence of political bias, but it is not illegal.

There are no grounds for an impeachment of Obama.

Elliot
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2009, 11:51 AM

I think this about sums up what you've been saying George.

As for impeachment - How do you impeach a President who is an imposter and not really able to legally hold the office in the first place? That's been bandied about on the net for months and months. It presents a real quandry in that he is not legally the President as he was not legally supposed to run.

R. Emanuel wants to control the press and the TV any way he can. He is only one of the shadow "presidents" that we are currently saddled with.
    Attached Images

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2009, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    As for impeachment - How do you impeach a President who is an imposter and not really able to legally hold the office in the first place?
    LOL!
    You can't be serious?
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 08:36 AM

Barack Obama: a small, itty bitty man; how is this crowd going to react as, more and more, the American people tell him and his crowd, "No, we aren't!"?

YouTube - 10/22/09 White House tried to exclude Fox News from "pool" interview
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2009, 08:53 AM
    how is this crowd going to react as, more and more, the American people tell him and his crowd, "No, we aren't!"
    Hello again, George:

Yeah, I don't think Obama should engage in this nonsense... But, it ain't impeachable. Look. If he fails to deliver good health care reform, and end to "don't ask, don't tell", and the legalization of marijuana, I'll be for impeaching him too.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Look. If he fails to deliver good health care reform, and end to "don't ask, don't tell", and the legalization of marijuana, I'll be for impeaching him too.

excon
    Obama's given tacit approval to marijuana, so you are 1/3 of the way home. Oh - I mean - he probably doesn't know anything about what his justice dept is up to, so let's not say he's accountable for that!
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 09:25 AM

George , I think the press pool handled that correctly. Despite the 1st amendment ;there is no guarantee to equal access to the President for the press. These type of games happen from administration to administration. Obama of course takes it to new levels as he's won't to do about everything because he is so thin skinned and petty.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 09:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Obama of course takes it to new levels as he's won't to do about everything because he is so thin skinned and petty.
    Yeah, while lambasting Fox News as not real news he sits around and whines about them in the White House with such fair-minded 'journalists' as Olbermman, Maddow and Dowd.

Speaking privately at the White House on Monday with a group of mostly liberal columnists and commentators, including Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann of MSNBC and Maureen Dowd, Frank Rich and Bob Herbert of The New York Times, Mr. Obama himself gave vent to sentiments about the network, according to people briefed on the conversation.
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 10:00 AM

Geeze what a rogues gallery!! I bet Madcow was in her glory !
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2009, 10:01 AM
    Thank goodness there's no pettiness here! Imagine!
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 10:08 AM

Lol last I checked I was not the leader of the free world.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to put articles on net [ 2 Answers ]

Respected Sir/Madam I, Ahrar Ahmad, want to know the way to put articles, speeches etc on net for public domain. Kindly guide me for the same and oblige. Thanking You Yours Ahrar Ahmad

President Clinton's impeachment [ 2 Answers ]

When President Clinton was impeached, why wasn't he removed from office? Now I understand that the Illinois governor is going to be removed from office if he is impeached. What's the deal?

Articles of Confederation [ 1 Answers ]

What is false? a) The US had no power to enforce the collection of taxes? b) Several attempts to change the Articles were held up by one state's refusal to ratify? c)The Articles were never ratified? d) The US had no power to regulate commerce between and among states? What was included in...

Online poll: "Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment?" [ 12 Answers ]

Live Vote: Should Bush be impeached? - Politics - MSNBC.com The currrent results may surprise you.

View more questions Search