Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MarGal Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 04:17 PM
    How do I hook up a DVD Recorder/VCR Combo to my TV.
    I have just purchased a DVD Recorder/VCR Combo in order to copy my old VCR tapes to DVD. I have my TV hooked up to Dish Network. I have tried all day to hook up my new recorder to my TV with no luck. Is there any way of just hooking it up to my TV and not going through my Dish Network at all? I am NOT interested in using it to record from the TV. I only want to copy VCR tapes with it.

I can take a digital picture of the connections and cords if that will help explain what I should do and then email them to whoever is trying to help me. I am desperate!
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 04:26 PM
    You should be running video and audio Out from the DVD/VCR to the IN puts on the TV.

One (yellow) is for video, One (Red) for right audio, One (White) for left audio.

I should have asked first, does your TV have the inputs on the back for Audio and Video?

If all you have is a coax hook up, you may have some problems with it.

Then, you need to find out how to change the source on the TV from Tuner, to Video 1 or Video 2 or what ever your brand of TV calls it. This may be a source button on the remote,
    Or you may need to access it from the menu function.

Hope this helped?

Mar 6, 2008, 04:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    You should be running video and audio Out from the DVD/VCR to the IN puts on the TV.

One (yellow) is for video, One (Red) for right audio, One (White) for left audio.

I should have asked first, does your tv have the inputs on the back for Audio and Video?

If all you have is a coax hook up, you may have some problems with it.

Then, you need to find out how to change the source on the TV from Tuner, to Video 1 or Video 2 or what ever your brand of tv calls it. This may be a source button on the remote,
    or you may need to access it from the menu function.

Hope this helped?
    My TV has the inputs for audio and video on the back. Do I even need to use the coax cable if I don't plan to record from the TV?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 04:47 PM
    I don't see why.

You should have everything you need through the video and audio hook ups.

One other thing, you may be able to access the video 1 or 2 options by using the channel up or down button. Sometimes when you get to the lowest or highest channel, the next push changes to video.

Good Luck!

Mar 6, 2008, 06:20 PM
    I don't see why.

One other thing, you may be able to access the video 1 or 2 options by using the channel up or down button. Sometimes when you get to the lowest or highest channel, the next push changes to video.

Good Luck!
    I just cannot understand what I am suppose to do:( But thanks for trying to help. Maybe I can get someone out to my house who knows what they're doing.

Mar 7, 2008, 08:52 AM
    I don't see why.

Good Luck!
    I did it!! Thanks so much, I just reread what you said and it worked just using the video & audio hook ups.:)
    bbethea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2012, 02:40 PM
    How to hook up the Combo DVD/VHS to a RCA TV not for recording just to watch video only with the yellow/white/red cords

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hook up Dish Network to DVD (recorder) VCR and then TV [ 6 Answers ]

I have a DVD recorder, a VCR and I want to be able to hook them up to both record and play on both or either the VCR or DVD. Can you tell me how to hook them up. The DVD reqards another step and that is a RF Modulator . Thanks very much, pulling hair out. Now.

Hook up combo dvd/vcr to RCA TV using Star choice [ 3 Answers ]

I would really appreciate help on hooking up the unit (dvd/vcr combo) to TV with signal coming from Star Choice satellite. Thought I had it, but when trting to record on VCR, the playback shows a blue screen and the word "MONO". Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Hook up dish satellite, vcr, dvd player/recorder and TV [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect dish satellite, a vcr, a dvd player/recorder to my TV so I can play dvds and transfer vcr contents to dvds. I need help with the terminology on the in and outputs and what kind of cables.

DVD/VCR recorder combo units [ 1 Answers ]

Hello anyone, I am looking to buy a combo unit as described above. I have looked in stores and on line. I am confused by the information about analog vs digital output. What do I need to look for when buying a unit so it will work when the TV stations do away with analog. I want to buy a unit...

VCR/DVD Combo, DVD Recorder hookup to Satellite TV [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to hookup a VCR/DVD combo and a DVD Recorder to my TV. I have satellite TV, but the satellite receiver is not connected to the same TV. I have read and reread all four books and can not figure it out. I want to be able to record from the television to both the VCR and the DVD...

View more questions Search