Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meiganne Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2011, 03:29 PM
    Bleached hair, turned orange/brassy, want to go back to dark brown asap.
    Ok so I have pretty dark hair but not that dark, ( it has some red hue to it from the sun ) but I recently bleached 2 large sections of hair on each side of my head. I have already bleached it twice and ran out of bleach at the end because I have so much hair.. Anyway I'm left with pretty much platinum blonde roots and the rest is an orange/brassy color. I was told I need to bleach it one more time and tone it but I'm seriously done with this because my hair has definitely had enough with the bleach. I can deal with the way it looks right now because I can sometimes cover it since its kind of underneath. But I'd really like to just go back to a dark brown I guess number 2? That's what the lady at sallys gave me.. I was just wondering if that's okay to do because I've heard it turns green sometimes. I don't even mind if the sections that are bleached turn to a lighter brown or something I just want it to be somewhat all one color and not orange anymore.
    But yeah just wondering if it'd be okay to go back to a dark brown either today or sometime in the week or so.
    * I already know this isn't good for my hair but I can't deal with the color for much longer and do not want to bleach it again.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2011, 03:34 PM
    You have to find a toner that has a "neutral" base to neutralize the brassy/orange tint in your hair.

Sep 23, 2011, 03:41 PM
    Even if I want to just dye it back to dark brown?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2011, 04:00 PM
    Yes as if the toner has "gold" base that would result in the brassy/orange tint coming out.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Sep 23, 2011, 05:28 PM
    I had the same probem when I highlighted my hair. It had an orange red tint. I just went over it with clairol perfect 10 in darkest brown and it blended in well. I think if you use dark brown it will come out fine but if you are using a light brown it might come out the color you want.

Sep 23, 2011, 06:23 PM
    Okay thanks.
    I'm just trying to get it to one color which would just be darkest brown
    Hopefully things turn out OK :)!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I turn my bleached now brassy pink orange red to a dark red? [ 1 Answers ]

I previously had dyed my hair a dark dark brown with black brown underneath and I decided I wanted to go red and I was told it was best since my hair was so dark to bleach it first, so I bleached it till it was an orange and then dyed it... well the super blonde parts came out an awful faded...

How do I dye over bleached blonde hair back to dark brown and it not fade [ 11 Answers ]

About 3 weeks ago I decided I wanted blonde highlights. My wife used Loreal Color Rays bleach blonde kit. And put in a lot of streaks. My natural color hair is dark brown. Of course you can imagine how it turned out. The streaks turned out yellowy orange and looked horrible. I waited a week...

Dying bleached blonde hair back to dark brown [ 9 Answers ]

I have bleached blonde hair and I am wanting to dye it back to my natural color. I can't afford to go to the salon so what do you suggest. Also, my I have tried to go to a dark blonde, but I think it has a green tint to it. Also I need suggestions on getting my hair healthy again after getting it...

How do I get my bleached hair back to dark brown? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am 15 years of age, and wanted to know how to get my bleached hair back to my natural hair colour, which is dark brown. About 2 and a half months ago, I dyed my hair a copper colour, which was permanent. Recently, I bleached my hair using Jerome Russel Hairlift Volume 30. My roots went...

How to change hair that has been bleached blond for 3 years back to dark brown [ 1 Answers ]

My hair was a mousy brown with some gray ,I bleached it blond and was happy with it for about three years , but I am wanting to go back to brown

View more questions Search