Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    craftyone20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Roll top desk
    Hi, I recently purchased a small roll top desk at an auction. The insert with the cubby holes is not the origianl one and not the same kind of wood as the desk. I'm looking for a site where I can purchase the cubby hole insert.

Thanks for your help

Craftyone:p
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2007, 09:26 PM
    I'm not sure that there is such a site where you can get just the insert. There are quite a few sites that show how to make a roll-top desk though. And, I'm sure that how to make the insert would be included on those sites. It could be that such a site does exist for getting just an insert. But, I didn't find one.

If the construction of the insert that you have is acceatable to you, then you might want to consider doing some stripping, sanding and then staining of the insert to make the color match the rest of the desk better.

Just some ideas.

roll top desk parts - Google Search

roll top desk construction - Google Search
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2007, 09:33 PM
    Just one more idea. You could take the insert out; have it dismantled; have someone cut out pieces of the same size and of the type of wood that you want, and then have it put together with the appropriate stain and finish if applicable to match the rest of the desk. Roll-top desks come in many sizes, so this may be the way to go, in order to get the exact size insert that you need.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unlocking drawers on roll top desk [ 20 Answers ]

I have a roll top desk that I purchased in 1988 or 89. I can neither get the top to roll down nor open the side drawers. There are two keys - one of which opens a small compartment on the top of the desk - the other unlocked the roll top. The roll top is now stuck in an opened position and I...

Remote desk top [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am always on the phone helping my sister with her computer problems,is there a way I can take over her computer remotely to help ? Thaanks

Movie title? Roll top desk,causing time travel [ 1 Answers ]

Movie kind of like lake house but it is a roll top desk in which a man and woman communicate with letters through the desk. Not sure when movie was made.

Can I back up my desk top onto my lap top? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a desk top and a lap top which have wireless connection to the internet. My lap top has no ethernet port and my desk top has no infra red. Can you suggest how I can use my lap top to back up my desk top? Would USB to USB work?

Roll Top Desk [ 2 Answers ]

How does one unlock the drawers? The rolltop lock does not function and the drawers on the left are open. The locking mechanisms are spring loaded hooks that hook over the back of the drawers when they are closed. How do I get the right drawers open?

View more questions Search