Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dohss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2003, 11:08 AM
    Renting in USA at 18y/o
    I am only 18 and I want to rent a car in america. Ideally in Florida.

In most states the minimum age is 21, what do you think is the best way of renting a car, so that I can drive around Florida. Are there any places that I would be able to rent a car at 18.

Thnanks in advance!
    melibajric Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2004, 02:13 AM
    renting in USA at 18y/o
    Don't think you will be able to rent a car at the age of 18
    Reasons why: -- you must be at least 21 (NY 18) to rent a car.
    Appletree2468 Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Jan 5, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Don't know how long you will be in the US, but the easiest thing might be for you to just buy a cheap car and then sell it when you are ready to leave.

If you are going to be here for a while, it is cheaper than renting.

Just an idea!
    bestcarrentalti Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 06:02 AM
    Usually the only way to rent a car at 18, would be if you are a government employee on official business or active duty military with travel orders that specify car rental.

The only other thing you could try is to see if the company you work for has a corporate account with a car rental company, where they have contracted a lower-than-usual minimum age for their employees.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Renting a car [ 4 Answers ]

I want to drive from N.Y. to Florida is it a better ideal to rent a car for the week going that far or taking your own car? If so what are some of the advantages in renting a car for this long trip?

Tax implications of renting an apt in NJ vs NY? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, What are the tax implications of renting an apartment in NY vs NJ? (1) I will be working for a firm based in Manhattan. (2) Assuming my salary+bonus will be near 135K/yr I believe if I live in NY - I will have to pay federal, NY state, and NY city tax. If I live in NJ - I will have to...

Renting or investing [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if buying a property for approx 90,000 dollars and living in it for approx a year, then turning it into a rental property would have any tax advantages, and if so what would they be? Thanks, KChagnon

Renting Advise [ 6 Answers ]

I have an option to live cheaply in my in-laws new home for a few years before they move down after retirement. I was thinking about renting out my house while doing so. The only problem is I would only be able to charge what I owe on my monthly mortgage. I would not be able to get much extra. ...

View more questions Search