Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cody1944 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2016, 06:14 PM
    How do I clear my internet cache
    Have problem loading pages, seems to time out, then I get a message saying" I,e can not display this website.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 31, 2016, 05:48 AM
    Not knowing which version of which system you have, I'd recommend a clean up program that will get rid of all the junk files as well as clearing the cache. Piriform.com has a freeware program that does a fair job called "CCleaner."
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Jan 31, 2016, 08:12 AM
    Hello

Actually all we really need to know is what browser you are using to surf / browse the internet with.

Different browser have different ways of clear the History and cache.
    cody1944 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2016, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchdman View Post
    Hello

Actually all we really need to know is what browser you are using to surf / browse the internet with.

Different browser have different ways of clear the History and cache.
    I use Google, I think, but also use i.e 8, mostly I have the prob with i.e.8
    taskneil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2016, 01:32 AM
    Here is the way I usually use:

Open the path, C: \Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files, and then delete all contents in the Temporary Internet Files folder. Done.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 1, 2016, 03:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cody1944 View Post
    I use Google, I think, but also use i.e 8, mostly I have the prob with i.e.8
    Using 2 browsers definitely calls for more than just emptying your cache. Cnet.com can give you reviews on several cleanup packages.
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Feb 1, 2016, 04:01 AM
    Hello

You can do it like the person has said above though from Internet Explorer you want to select the gear in the Upper right hand corner as shown in picture then select " Internet Options "

From here you can delete your History , Temp internet files and cookies under " General "

Attachment 48202
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Feb 1, 2016, 09:38 AM
    Why don't you try installing a different browser to see if access to those pages is just an I.E. problem. Rather than a cache problem you could have a toolbar issue. Many apps including free ones tend to bundle toolbar installs during installation if you don't watch for them. One toolbar can cause issues but multiple toolbars fighting for control of the browser can cause big problems. Some can be uninstalled in the regular way from control panel while the more devious ones need to be removed like malware.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 1, 2016, 01:22 PM
    Better yet you might want to look at updating your software as i.e.8 is very old and they are up to i.e. 11 now. You are placing yourself at risk. Also just install ccleaner as it is free and will clear everything for you at the push of a button.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Won't connect to internet, clear arp cache? [ 2 Answers ]

Can't connect, icon in tray says connected? says can't clear arp cache... "arp" or "netsh" command not recognized. Running windows XP?

Clear internet history [ 2 Answers ]

I have cleared my internet history but files still remain

How do I clear my browser cache? [ 2 Answers ]

How I clear my browser cache? I'm a newbie.

I cannot clear my internet history! [ 2 Answers ]

When I go to Tools, Internet options and click "clear history" then click on the pic of the clock with the arrow (history) the sites I've visited are still there. The thing is the function worked the other day and my history could be cleared. I don't really care about all the cookies and temp....

View more questions Search