Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    callmecass Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2015, 02:50 PM
    18 year old daughter abuses me
    My 18 year old daughter has become increasingly physically abusive to me and she's had a two year old son. If I were to call 911 on her would child protective services become involved?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 21, 2015, 02:54 PM
    Is she living with you? Why does she lash out? If she's not hurting her child, the police might not report it to CPS, although the child does seem to be living in an unsafe environment....
    callmecass Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2015, 03:06 PM
    Yes she and her son live with my husband and myself. She gets violent when I won't up her plans to con her dad out of cash for her drug habit
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 21, 2015, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by callmecass View Post
    Yes she and her son live with my husband and myself. She gets violent when I won't up her plans to con her dad out of cash for her drug habit
    Yup, unsafe environment AND druggie mother. Has she ever gotten help?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2015, 01:15 AM
    Yes, if she is physically abusive you call the police when it happens. CPS may or may not be involved,
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 22, 2015, 03:20 AM
    See if you can get her help before you have to call 911, or one of you gets hurt.
    Every town or city has at least one social worker. Find out who it is - start with the blue pages of the phone book.
    You need someone who can help you make a list of rules and demands so that your daughter doesn't keep this up and so that your husband stops enabling her. And so that you can learn ways to be firm with her too. A drug addict who has reached the stage of physical abuse needs not just tough love, but just plain tough. Yes you can throw her out on the street if she doesn't get help. You SHOULD call CPS and they probably will remove her child, and you can apply to take care of him, and get a RO to keep her away until she gets into rehab.
    And no, you don't have to feel guilty about any of this. You may have to force yourself to not feel guilty, as a huge part of stopping this enabling. For THEIR SAKE! Get tough for THEM!

An addict reaches a stage where nothing and no one matters anymore. She is not your daughter or even human when she needs drugs. Eventually she will cause serious harm to you, her son, or herself, or end up dead on the street. You can't use reason, bribery, or the past. You DEMAND that she do this or she faces the CONSEQUENCES, end of story, and you don't back down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The dad abuses his oldest daughter and goes to jail and finds them later on [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so there are 2 daughters and the dad blames the oldest daughter for everything and the uncles beat the dad up and he goes to jail whe he finnaly gets out of jail he finds 1 of the daughters working in the yard

Husband and daughter abuses me physically and verbally.Married daughter still at home [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter has watched her father verbally and physically abusing me and she also abuses me.she is married now and still won't move out.the house is on both my husbands and my name. My husband is willing to get help but my daughter is standing in our way,she is a bad influence on her dad.she...

My 6 year old daughter has been inappropriately touched by my 8 year old Niece [ 17 Answers ]

I don't know how to feel about this, so I am asking for help. About 3 months ago, my husband caught my then 7 year old niece touching my daughters private parts. My sister and I talked to both girls and explained that this was inappropriate touching and we thought it was settled. This last weekend,...

My daughter died a year ago and my other daughter went behind the family's back [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter died a year ago and my other daughter went behind the family's back to take custody of her 2 kids. For the last year, the kids have lived with me, not her, but she is collecting SSI and welfare for them and spending it on herself and her boyfriend with not one cent to the kids. What can...

My 18 year old daughter verbally abuses me and physically hit me last weekend [ 5 Answers ]

My name is Sandra and I am the single mom of 2 kids a daughter who is 18 and a son who is 14. My daughter is graduating from h.s. in a few weeks and since she turned 18 she went from the normal arguments a teen has with her mom to verbally cursing at me and now this past weekend she started a fight...

View more questions Search