Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pauvil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2011, 12:21 PM
    Probation violation first offender failed drug test for the second time in GA
    My brother is in jail for probation violation for failing a drug test for the 2nd time and he's on 1st offender for 8 years; how much time will he do?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2011, 12:22 PM
    Impossible to know and foolish to guess. This is also an international site - what Country or State?

He could be sentenced to the full sentence for the original offense plus additional time for offending.

Does he have a Public Defender or private Attorney?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2011, 12:25 PM
    It appears they said GA, ( Georgia) and I will assume the state Georgia not the country.

First they will lose their 1st offender program if violated. That means any agreement for it to be expunged after probation will be gone. I would say that they will first be in jail for 1 to 2 months till the probation hearing, depending on where in GA. Next my best guess, they give him 3 to 6 months in jail, to reflect on how serious his errors have been. And put back on probation.

But anything can happen, he could be sent to prison for the entire sentence of 8 years. ( but I would say that is less likely)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2011, 12:26 PM
    He needs to get a private attorney as this is now a post conviction matter and a public defender is not appointed in such matters. He needs to remember he just blew his first offender program out the window. He could possibly be sentenced to his original jail sentence. Get out the original sentencing paperwork and look at that for your answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation violation for 1st failed drug test. [ 9 Answers ]

Hey wats up... I got caught on under 50 gram of marijauna and got all the charges moved to a conditional discharge... I went to my PO and after the drug test she told me "if you pass this... u will never see me again" just my luck I found out I failed my first drug test for probation... so I have...

1st Time Probation Violation - Failed urine test [ 6 Answers ]

I am a 1st time probationee in Travis County , Tx . I have been on probation for 4 months out of 12 for marijuana possession . I am pretty confident that I will fail this test coming up on Friday . Based on my no previous convictions ( other than traffic offences ) is it likely that my probation...

What happens on your first probation violation for a failed drug screen [ 2 Answers ]

I was arrested in 2007 for possession of a firearm with no license to carry, I served 2 years with 3 years probation, having one year left. I just failed a random drug screen which violated my probation, what are they going to do

Misdemanor probation violation in NC for failed drug screen [ 3 Answers ]

I just failed my 3rd UA for weed. I need to know what I'm looking at in the NC court system. Please help me with any answers, I have a wife and a 3 year old little girl that need me. Am I going to jail or what? My sentence was for 45 days put off to 11/29 probation. This will be my first time going...

View more questions Search